Thread: Hard Luck Report 21-22 April 2012 My best day ever!

Default Hard Luck Report 21-22 April 2012 My best day ever!

I was able to get back out to Hard Luck on yesterday for late season ice. The ice is solid and clear and over 25 inches in the locations I fished. I went with a long time friend I used to fish the lake with me about 10 years ago (he had never caught a fish from the lake). I thought conditions were going to be right for weather and pressure (barometric not angler) and was correct. Only ones on the lake...we fished areas of 115 feet for about 2 hours with very little action. We moved to a deeper area of about 145 and began marking fish after about 30 minutes. The day got epic. My buddy was able to not only finally catch a fish from the lake, he caught and released 3. The last of which was a huge arctic char I taped at 32 inches. I too was able to catch and release 3 of my own. Thats not counting all the bites we missed between us, which was 11. It turned out to be the best day ever fishing for me ever on the lake. All the fish were out of the water a short time before returning them for a strong release. What a banner day! and we had the lake to ourselves until about 330pm when we saw another person arriving.

Today I did not go out but a couple buddies went out and gave me this report:

lake conditions same, fishing time same, locations same, lures same....and 2 doughnuts...Hard Luck they had (Hero to Zero syndrome). This lake deflates the best of them, including me most days.

This lake is deep and tough with the fish in an ever changing pattern. Guess I made the right choice, so glad my buddy caught his first and personal best fish on the lake yesterday! From my friends personnal experience he said the lake has only got better from 10 years ago, same for me...what a great day!

Here are a few of the pictures:

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Crazy dude! And you got your lure back today! Lol! Nice job!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Wow is all I can say! Do you fish for them in the summer too?

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Wow is all I can say! Do you fish for them in the summer too?
    Summer fishing is on the rivers and ocean for me. I basically ice fish all the lakes along the Richardson Hwy from Fairbanks to Delta Junctioin when the ice permits.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

What an epic day you guys had. You were way overdue as you have put in countless hours on that lake in the last few months with limited success. That char of yours sure has some nice coloration to it. Congrats to both of you and thanks for posting the pics.

Unreal! Those are some hogs. That char your holding has a wicked looking fin on it. Glad you guys had an epic day out there.