Thread: Just got my first bow today.

Default Just got my first bow today.

First like say thank you full curl for the great costumer service and answering
    All question no matter how dumb they may have been.
    Now I don't know anything about shooting bows. But I do know that I wanted a good bow not something I would need to sell and upgrade in a couple months.
    So I bought a Hoyt carbon element rkt
    With all good stuff to go with it.
    Now I can't wait to start shooting.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Congrats!!! now the first step will be to sell the Hoyt, and go buy a Mathews. Just kidding

Remember to push with your bow hand as well as pull with your string hand. Make that first arrow count when you are practicing and find consistency in your technique. It's easy to pick up a bad habit when you get started, and difficult to break it down the road, I know this from experience.

What do you plan on going after first?

Thanks jerod. Yep I got a lot to learn and lots of practice. I liked to go after a caribou this fall. But that's a long shot. Got lot to learn first. I have lessons here next week at full curl. Then just practice and take cert test. See how I feel and go from there.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Good choice, the Element RKT is a sweet bow and should last you a long while. There is a range at Kincaid park, the practice range is open to the public(out to 80yds) and the rest of the field ranges are Northwest archers assoc. members only($75/year I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    Good choice, the Element RKT is a sweet bow and should last you a long while. There is a range at Kincaid park, the practice range is open to the public(out to 80yds) and the rest of the field ranges are Northwest archers assoc. members only($75/year I believe).
    Yep, bows do last a long time. I'm still shooting my HOWARD HILL longbow, 70-pounder after more than 60-years !!! Won Alaska's 1st Place [heavy equipment] trophy during the First Alaska State Archery Tournament, held on Anchorage's park strip back in around 1961 or 1962, with that bow and tapered 11/32" wood arrows. The laminated split-bamboo longbow still shoots as good as when it was new.