Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After the shot she says, "Better than Sarah Palin"!

Default After the shot she says, "Better than Sarah Palin"!

I introduced a new hunter to the sport and she got her first caribou 2 days ago. Before the hunt, I told her to watch Palins Youtube video where she misses a caribou numerous times before connecting. So my friend makes a one shot kill at 130 yards with the ol 300 WSM and afterwards she said two funny things. First she says, "that was better than Sarah Palin" - too funny! Then, after showing her how to butcher a caribou along with all the other hunting knowledge I shared with her including how to shoot a rifle, she says to me, "girls don't need a guy around to do this"! My guiding career was short lived!!

We were north of Atigun Pass and pulled our camp 5+ miles in. Your darn right she hauled her caribou out - doesn't need my help anymore - ha!
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few more pics

congrats to the new "hunter".....looks like she enjoyed it & the snows going fast

good one jpost, repinbound.

Once they learn how to make fire its over as need.Drag wood haul water and in truth they handle it fine also.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Congrats to your new hunting friend and good job getting a new hunter out there and introducing them to the life style! Looks like you all had a great trip.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

That's awesome, not just getting a new hunter involved but a new woman hunter. Tell her we all said congrats. Amigo, I think we're screwed already, that must be what they talk about over on that ladies forum. We're already obsolete, they just haven't had the heart to break the news to us yet.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

You "pulled" your camp in. Any pics of the set up for pulling?
    Good job to both of you.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Great job JP! Great pictures as usual!

Congrats to your friend J and thanks for helping bring another hunter into the fold. Neat that there are some snow-free patches where you went, great camp setup too, loved the pics.

I agree, great camp set up. Congrats on the hunt.

Nice job to you and the young lady for sure! And, that 300wsm is no girl scout gun either - I think you have found a good "friend" to share trips with!
    Its a well known fact that men are warmer than women and our vlaue is simply that they can place their icy cold hands and feet on us at night when we sleep, beyond that they can use most of minutes on a shared cell phone plan up at no added expense...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    I introduced a new hunter to the sport and she got her first caribou 2 days ago. Before the hunt, I told her to watch Palins Youtube video where she misses a caribou numerous times before connecting. So my friend makes a one shot kill at 130 yards with the ol 300 WSM and afterwards she said two funny things. First she says, "that was better than Sarah Palin" - too funny! Then, after showing her how to butcher a caribou along with all the other hunting knowledge I shared with her including how to shoot a rifle, she says to me, "girls don't need a guy around to do this"! My guiding career was short lived!!

We were north of Atigun Pass and pulled our camp 5+ miles in. Your darn right she hauled her caribou out - doesn't need my help anymore - ha!
    Looks to be pretty easy on the eyes as well....!!! ......lol

Thanks fellas - I'll make sure she reads this thread.

She's happy to have some fresh caribou meat and now she knows what it takes to produce those nice little white packages in the freezer

Martentrapper - few pics of "pullin camp".

Those of you who use tipis may be interested in what I use for a drying rack. I took some aluminum round stock, put a 90 degree bend in one end, and double hose clamped the rods to the center pole. I put 3 rods down low and 3 rods up high. There's room for more rods, but you get the idea. It works slick and should eliminate cold-frozen boots in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Looks to be pretty easy on the eyes as well....!!! ......lol
    I didn't think the caribou looked that good.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    What caribou...???........lol

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Troublemaker alert!

Great trip and that puts Sarah in her place for sure!!

You wife is way ahead of my wife...she will skin but doesn't do guts...animals or fish and she has a 7x57 "girl" gun but she kills everything she points it at.

Nice looking dogs too!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast