Thread: 2012 Hudson Memorial Fly-In, Talkeetna

Default 2012 Hudson Memorial Fly-In, Talkeetna

I'd like to invite all of you pilots up to Talkeetna (May 19,20) for a weekend celebration of Cliff Hudson, airplanes, food, good times and a fund raiser for our Talkeetna Build-A-Plane kid's project. I might even be convinced to buy a round of beer (or ice tea if you're flying home that night) for forum members.

See link for details.. http://www.abovealaska.com/flyin.htm
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I'd like to invite all of you pilots up to Talkeetna (May 19,20) for a weekend celebration of Cliff Hudson, airplanes, food, good times and a fund raiser for our Talkeetna Build-A-Plane kid's project. I might even be convinced to buy a round of beer (or ice tea if you're flying home that night) for forum members.

See link for details.. http://www.abovealaska.com/flyin.htm

Is this for Cliff, Jay, or both? And, can you PM me an address so that I can send a check for the kids' project?

Thanks in advance,

Mort

Mort- While we remember Jay well and respect his contributions to aviation in Talkeetna, the original intent of the fly-in was to honor Cliff. The Hudson family will have at least one airplane on display with photos of Cliff and I'm sure Jay. I will definitely have both of them in my mind for the event.

Mort, I'll dig up an address for you.

Mort- While we remember Jay well and respect his contributions to aviation in Talkeetna, the original intent of the fly-in was to honor Cliff. The Hudson family will have at least one airplane on display with photos of Cliff and I'm sure Jay. I will definitely have both of them in my mind for the event.

Mort, I'll dig up an address for you.
    I appreciate it. I only wish I could be there, since both were much more than mere acquaintances.

Mort- Maybe you can make it up here next year? We have a guest speaker every year and it'd be cool for you to do it. That address is Talkeetna Build-A-Plane, C/O Northern Susitna Institute, Po Box 46, Talkeetna AK 99676. Make sure you note it's a donation for T.B.A.P. The kids really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Doug

Mort- Maybe you can make it up here next year? We have a guest speaker every year and it'd be cool for you to do it. That address is Talkeetna Build-A-Plane, C/O Northern Susitna Institute, Po Box 46, Talkeetna AK 99676. Make sure you note it's a donation for T.B.A.P. The kids really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Thanks, Doug. If you can slip me a telephone number, I'll be up there in August this year and will surely give you a call. If there are any get-togethers there at that time, I'd be happy to sneak in. I'll also be looking in on my QB associates in Anchorage, if they have their monthly meeting while I'm there.

Regards,

Mort

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=kash001.jpg
    Jay leaving in his cub,after putting me on a short strip for a raft out moose hunt upper Kashwitna 1996. He had iron nuts, for sure.

Ollie (Cliff's wife) still owns that cub Jim.

Ollie (Cliff's wife) still owns that cub Jim.
    So Ollie's doing well? Thats good news. I think Jay hated that cub. Why land on a stamp for $175 a hour in the cub when I can fly the 206 in circles around McKinley and pull in $ 1000 or more?

Going to be a nice day tomorrow. What better way to spend it

Went up on Sunday, got there at 1400, they were all packed up, wish I got their earlier, so went to the twisted brewery for lunch(had lemonade) then flew home!

Sorry man...the end was at 2:00pm on Sunday. What kind of plane were you flying. I know a couple folks showed up just as we were packing up.

That was a good time and well done. I'm sure next year will be bigger & better.