Thread: Kenai Moose Munchers.

Default Kenai Moose Munchers.

I have DB309 permit and am wondering if anyone has seen any fresh tracks this week?

Quote Originally Posted by kenaislider View Post
    I have DB309 permit and am wondering if anyone has seen any fresh tracks this week?
    Monday I found a winter killed moose about 2.5 miles from my house. Last night I went in and found that a bear had dragged it out from under a deadfall, and up and across a hill so it would be more comfortable while picking it clean. No ravens, or eagles around now. I doubt it'll be back. What a difference a couple days make......

Thanks, I too have a winter kill by my house I have been watching, my neighbor and I both have the permit, and hes been checking it while I am at work. As of yesterday nothing. If he comes back let me know.

Ill keep my eyes out . PM me your number and if I see anything I will call you. I had this same permit a few years ago

Not sure of the boundaries for your permit but I did see about an 8 footer on the river just up from Jims landing

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Not sure of the boundaries for your permit but I did see about an 8 footer on the river just up from Jims landing
    Nope....not in his area...

Well spent last R&R looking hard, have 2 winter kills that have not been touched yet. I did find some tracks in Caribou hills/Anchor R. area but they were melting out so fast it was hard to tell. Anyone else seeing anything?

I have some connections at the head of Kachemak. The guy I worked for moves his cows down on to the flats.
    The year I was looking after those cows we lost 7 or 8 to Brownies. PM me if you are interested.

Fred