Thread: Flusher Trainer/ Hunt Groups

Default Flusher Trainer/ Hunt Groups

Hello all,

I am about to head up to Anchorage as our new home, and am looking for a flushing trainer and a hunt group if possible. I have an 11 month old FB English cocker, who has good lines, great drive, and basic obedience down, but want to continue our training. Due to some work responsibilities, training has been slow, but with the change of pace and scenery I will have more time.

I am wanting to train her for the most part, but need ( and would prefer the experience) of introducing live birds and guns. We have been working mainly with dummies and acclimating her to loud sudden noises since she was a pup. She is doing great but it is ready to move on. Would also like to meet up with a group and learn some finer points. She is my first dog, and with some extra work would make a great gun dog.

Pocket Rocket, there is a gun dog club based In anchorage called Arctic Bird Dog Association. They have is a web site you can check out. They just started a class last week for novice trainers. If you can't make it in time for the class, you could still hook up with the folks who train/hunt with spaniels. They have some guys with experience, none are pro trainers, but pretty darn knowledgeable. Most of them also run AKC hunt tests.

Welcome to Alaska!

Thanks, Burke, I have been scoping them out online, but unfortunately, I will not be able to make it up for the class. I will certainly try and get in contact with them though, I don't need a pro, anyone with more knowledge than I have would be awesome ( It doesn't take much). Can't wait to be there though! One more week!

Do get in touch and you may be able to get into the class mid way it is a six week class...it cant hurt.