Thread: Siberian Husky Breeders near Anchorage?

Default Siberian Husky Breeders near Anchorage?

I am looking at buying a Siberian Husky in the next few months and was wondering if anyone knew of breeder that where within driving distance of Anchorage? Any info would help.

Thanks

Contact the Siberian Husky Club of Anchorage or the Siberian Husky Club of the Last Frontier (Wasilla) - google them for contact info. They can point you in the right direction. Be aware that a reputable breeder will likely want to interview you a few times and check out your home. You may be asked to sign a contract that you will have the dog spayed/neutered. I've owned Siberians for 30 years. They are great dogs, but be aware that they need a LOT of exercise. A well exercised and tired Siberian is a good Siberian.... A bored Siberian can be a royal terror. They are escape artists and can get out of most ordinary fences while you are still latching the gate. Don't even consider anything less than 6 feet. They generally love kids and are great family dogs, but don't expect them to guard your house. Strangers are just friends they have not met yet. If you haven't owned the breed before, do a good internet search and some reading. Go to some of the dog shows and talk to the folks who own them. Good luck on your search.

Thank you for the info. I've been reading/researching them for a good amount of time and am about ready to finally get one. The clubs are a good point to start at to get more info, I wouldn't have thought about them.
    Thanks