Thread: boat value

Default boat value

I was curious what you thought my boat was worth. I looked up the value on the NADA website but it really does not take the jet unit or the fact we are in Alaska into consideration. I’m kicking around the idea of selling it this spring due to we're PCS’ing later in the year… Here’s what I’ve got:

2004 Lowe R1655TN
    -Side console
    -Eagle GPS/fish finder combo
    -Rod holders
    -pair of anchors
    -4 life vests
    -pair of swivel seat on removable bases
    -2 gas tanks
    -tool box
    -canvas top

2004 Grand Karavan trailer
    -Side guide bunks
    -new spare tire

2002 Evinrude 115 horse power jet

Thanks,

Dan

Good question. Is there a Lowe dealer in the area? If so I would contact them for advice.
    I would watch the classifieds, craigslist and other forums where people post items for sale.
    Start high, you can always lower the price but you can never raise it once you get an offer.
    Tennessee

Wink Not True!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Start high, you can always lower the price but you can never raise it once you get an offer.
    I had a guy try to do that to me once, he almost doubled what he was asking for the boat. After that I lost interest very quickly
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Default marine survey

Another option is to call around and find out who in your area does marine surveys. The cost is minimal ($100-200)... At least that way you know for sure and will have the documentation to stand by your asking price.

When I was boat shopping I narrowed my search down to two boats... I paid for a survey on both. Turns out it was the best money I could have ever spent... The mechanic found Major problems with the one boat that was considered to be the "affordable deal"... I ended up spending more initially but saved in the long run...

Not including you gear a boat typically loses 3-5% of vaule a year. figure that out then just add your gear into it.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

The current asking prices for used boats are way too high if you ask me. The price of aluminum went up last year due to the current oil prices, so the price of newly built boats went up, now the guys with good used boats think that their boats went up, ridiculous.
    Used 2-stroke outboards currently have almost no value due to that they use tons more fuel than a 4-stroke.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!