Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golite sale

Default Golite sale

Hey guys, I know a lot of people kept talking about how they wanted to get some golite tepee tents.

Golite is having a huge sale below is the link for the tents (50% off)

http://www.golite.com/tents

I just jumped on to post the same thing! I have a shangrila3 and although I haven't been able to use it, I'm impressed with what I've seen from just setting it up. They also have a tarp/tent.

Was just going to post this as well. Sweet deal for folks in the market for a floorless shelter!

You, sir, are a good man! I'm going to get a SL-5 tonight, but I'm going to wait to place my order to talk to my wife about a Golite jacket. We're having a heck of a time finding a shell in a hunting-friendly color for her, and they've got a few options that might fit the bill.

Does anyone have any experience with Golite jackets? I read a lot about their shelters, but not so much about their other gear.

Default no prob

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    You, sir, are a good man! I'm going to get a SL-5 tonight, but I'm going to wait to place my order to talk to my wife about a Golite jacket. We're having a heck of a time finding a shell in a hunting-friendly color for her, and they've got a few options that might fit the bill.

Does anyone have any experience with Golite jackets? I read a lot about their shelters, but not so much about their other gear.
    Hey no prob Brian.

I had a golite rain jacket called the Phantom for three years. It was gortex paclite. It was a very good rain shell. I do not know about there new ones, but mine served me well for three years of Washington/Alaska abuse. It finally wore out but I put it thru it's paces and can say I was very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingman View Post
    I just jumped on to post the same thing! I have a shangrila3 and although I haven't been able to use it, I'm impressed with what I've seen from just setting it up. They also have a tarp/tent.
    What is the weight of just the fly sheet and what are the ground dimensions set up

Those of you GL veterans- in GoLite-speak, when they refer to it as tent does that mean flysheet and nest combined?

Info listed on the SL5 "tent" was a bit vague and I don't want to order the wrong thing.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Good to know on the jackets. We decided to wait for now, as the ones we were looking at were sold out of the right color/size combos. We've got a new shelter on the way, though, which is what I was really after. Thanks again for posting this!

http://www.golite.com/Poncho-Tarp-P885.aspx here is the site. It says 7 oz and its also a poncho but is now showing sold out. Once I get it I'll tell you how it works out...

http://www.golite.com/Poncho-Tarp-P885.aspx here is the site. It says 7 oz and its also a poncho but is now showing sold out. Once I get it I'll tell you how it works out...
    Sorry I was referring to the sl3 they have total shelter weight but not separate flysheet

Roger I'll find out when I get home. My wife and daughter forced me to go to the mall. Haha thank God for the tapatalk app!

Depends do you want to use a trekking pole or the pole the shelter comes with?

The weight using a trekking pole is about 20 oz.

Plenty of room for a pole.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

The weight of just the SL-3 fly sheet is 24 oz. Add tieing on guyout lines and what not will add a couple oz as well. Still around 1.75 pounds for 60 sq ft of covered/protected space from wind/rain from all directions.

I just weighed it with everything including stakes and got 4lbs 4oz

Do you have a GoLite Nest as well in that??

I have the net/foot print, the outer shell, the pole, and the stakes. This weekend hopefully I'm going to try it with my trekking pole, maybe lose some weight their.

Dang auto correct (or maybe I'm horrible at English) I meant there.

Dang auto correct (or maybe I'm horrible at English) I meant there.
    Forgiven...nice to see someone who actually nos, I mean knows there are 3, they're, there in their writing.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Anyone use a wood stove in Shangri-La 5 Tent like the one in the Kifaru? Seems like it would be easy enough to put a stove jack into the roof. At these prices a person could get in a hot tent for about the retail cost of the Shangri-La 5.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast