Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200 sport stainless sleeve advise

Default 200 sport stainless sleeve advise

Today I went to pull my impeller out and this what I found. Now should I have my sleeve replaced or is it fine... What would you do
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

And one more picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Is that a crack in the sleeve or what is it? Is the sleeve one solid piece? It kinda looks like it is where the sleeve comes together as if is was just bent into a circle. Is it supposed to be that way? Please explain as I will be getting into mine here in the very near future and am kinda wondering... thanx... "fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Today I went to pull my impeller out and this what I found. Now should I have my sleeve replaced or is it fine... What would you do
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

If it were me, I'd take it to Greatland or such and let them look at it.

My gut reaction is it looks like a manufacturing defect. If thatís the case itís been that way since it was installed.

Who originally did the sleeve?

Mike I second taking it to Gary at Greatland my sleave doesn't anything like that
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Nope it not the original sleeve. It's two seasons old about 60 hours. A-1 impeller did the first SS sleeve and gray at Greatland will get to put a new sleeve in it. Spoke with them today and taken it out to them tomorrow.

Every time I look at the boat it cost my a grand.

Also is there any better aftermarket bushing for gate. I just replaced them mid season last year and the loose as heck again.

That looks like it could be the beginning of a bad thing. I'd hate to see what that would do if it came look and bound up with the impeller. OUCH>
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Now that Im on the computer not the phone I can see it better O ya thats not a good thing. Get it change out Talk to T about the bushing if I remeber he was telling me about brass bushing that dont wear out so fast
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Also is there any better aftermarket bushing for gate. I just replaced them mid season last year and the loose as heck again.
    If you are talking about the plastic bushings, Gary has bronze ones they can install in your reverse gate.

Yes I was talking about plastic bushings. I'll try find some brass ones. Thanks guys.

Yes I was talking about plastic bushings. I'll try find some brass ones. Thanks guys.
    We offer an after market reverse bucket bushing made out of acetal. Acetal bushings are installed in all our aftermarket reverse buckets with no problems with them coming loose or wearing out quickly.

Claude:

Mike, I special ordered and bought 6 bronze (oil infused) bushings from Alaska Bearing here in Anchorage as I went through 2 sets last year. Of course I love doing the stoppys and i'm sure that puts some stress on the bushings. Also, I have the Wooldridge after market bucket on mine.... "fishon"

Claude,

Those bushing you sent me last fall are quite abit bigger than the hole in the after market wooldridge bucket that I have on my pump and i'm not really comfortable hononing out the holes on the bucket. I found some bronze (oil infused) bushings here in Anchorage that fit perfectly. I do appreciate you sending them to me but I dont think they will work for me. I will send them back to you if needed. If not, maybe someone up here in the AK can use them. please let me know... thanx... "fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by Exactboats View Post
    We offer an after market reverse bucket bushing made out of acetal. Acetal bushings are installed in all our aftermarket reverse buckets with no problems with them coming loose or wearing out quickly.

Claude:

Quote Originally Posted by Exactboats View Post

Claude:
    I mentioned Greatland because your boats going to be there anyway.

I've got ExWeld's Acetal bushings in my reverse gate and they are holding up fine. Another plus is they are a direct replacement for the old plastic bushings. The bronze bushings require machining to fit. (I should add it's the standard Mercury reverse gate)

Talk with Claude today. Very nice guy lots of info and he is sending me sum bushing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334945535.076088.jpg

Just talked to Greatland I was told that's normal took a picture of a new sleeve they showed me on a rebuild one. Man I really don't know.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334947486.485796.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334947517.438643.jpgThat looks normal. I just received two rebuilt liners and impellers from riddle marine that look the same. Your tolerances look fat so a rebuild would be a good idea.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334947663.989649.jpgI like the way riddle bolts in their liners so there is no way it can slip. $250 for the impeller rebuild and $285 for the liner. Impeller looks new and fits tighter than new...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast