Thread: Seats for my HB

Default Seats for my HB

I bought an HB and will be picking it up next week. I need to install some comfortable seats for travel and fishing. Does anyone have any ideas as to type and configuration? Photo's would be a great help, this is my first motorized boat and I don't need to screw it up.

Hi GOJOE,

I use molded plastic folding seats with cushions mounted to a swivel base that is mounted to an epoxied and painted sheet of 3/4 fir ply that is screwed to the flotation seats that come with the boat. I think the manufacturer for the seat is Wise but there are numerous similar types on the market.

I used the Fish On seats with bracket, tried to screw bracket to seat, but no way to put washers and through bolt through thin wood.

Epoxied a wood base to seat to give screws more holding power and it worked well. Based on aging memory on the boat i sold to Rick P

gojoe,
    these are made by fish on also. i like the built in swivel. i got a few seasons on these ones and they seem pretty stout. i take them from raft to jet boat and now to canoe. saves some dough on seats.

check out www.gandermountain.com. And use the swivel system as above ( oyster ).

Item #96870 seat