Thread: Lodging in Cooper Landing

Default Lodging in Cooper Landing

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but can anyone recommend a family run lodge in or around the Cooper landing area ? trying to shoot for September , someplace where I can leave my car for a few days without any trouble would be nice to . Thanks
    Alaska bound !

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbarr View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but can anyone recommend a family run lodge in or around the Cooper landing area ? trying to shoot for September , someplace where I can leave my car for a few days without any trouble would be nice to . Thanks
    I wouldn't actually call it a lodge, but there is the "Sunrise Inn" on Kenai Lake as you come into Cooper Landing from Anchorage. Also, not family run of course, but you do know there is a Princess Lodge in Cooper Landing.......right? There are a few others but I can't think of them off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I wouldn't actually call it a lodge, but there is the "Sunrise Inn" on Kenai Lake as you come into Cooper Landing from Anchorage. Also, not family run of course, but you do know there is a Princess Lodge in Cooper Landing.......right? There are a few others but I can't think of them off hand.
    I seen the Princess Lodge, thats to much like a days inn set up for me, something smaller . I seen one before you hit the princess, was more a cabin type setting which is ideal but they were more into fishing type package deals .
    Alaska bound !

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but my wife and I stayed in a place that had individual rooms (in one lodge / house) and meals provided. It is slightly off the beaten track. Place was called Kenai Lake Escape
    Website: http://kenailakeescape.com/index.html Moderators- feel free to delete if I have broken some rule by adding a link.

Gwin's Lodge is another one that offers full packages for fishing also.http://www.gwinslodge.com/. Mods,please delete if I've broken a rule by posting a link.
    Last edited by SANDRAT; 05-12-2012 at 20:43. Reason: typo

Check out kenai river drifters. They have a lodge right on the river and they do guided fishing and sight seeing flot trips on the river. I had a good experience with them two seasons back.