Thread: Caribou/sheep hunt 2013 fly-in help!!!

Default Caribou/sheep hunt 2013 fly-in help!!!

So my wife and I are going on a " watch what we eat and exercise " diet. I told her I had no motivation to get my back side off the couch and work out. So she told me I can use sheep hunting, then she said if I get into shape she has no problem paying for me to do a combo caribou/sheep hunt next year. So I had a caribou hunt all figured out and I was going to go with Delatana, but they do not offer a unguide drop off hunt for sheep. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for who to use. I want to hunt in the brooks in late august. I would like to try and keep it under $5,000. Just a point to who to look at or who you have used in the past. Any other questions feel free to ask, thanks!
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

I am going with 70 North this fall. Flying in out of happy valley. This year's cost is 1750/person. If you go into GMU 26C then the price goes up. My brother drew the non-res griz tag for 16B so we locked in for that GMU.

We did quite a bit of research and finally (and happily) settled with Mike. We are picking the spot though. It seems as most of the transporters want to mostly drop for caribou up there. We are focussing on Griz by hunting sheep.

It seems that every time this question is answered that two names consistently float to the top - Mike with 70 North on the north side of the range, and Kirk with Yukon Air on the south side of the range. Both have excellent reputations and a list of satisfied customers. I'd start by calling these two and seeing what they can do for you.

Dirk and Danielle with Coyote Air fly folks up that way.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I am going with 70 North this fall. Flying in out of happy valley. This year's cost is 1750/person. If you go into GMU 26C then the price goes up. My brother drew the non-res griz tag for 16B so we locked in for that GMU.

We did quite a bit of research and finally (and happily) settled with Mike. We are picking the spot though. It seems as most of the transporters want to mostly drop for caribou up there. We are focussing on Griz by hunting sheep.
    I have been emailing Mike and hes on top of things. I am trying to figure out the weight issues. As of right now it looks like I will be going with Mike. Just gotta iron out these issues and book it. Im hoping it all works out.

Deltana hunts in the Brooks for their Bou, would they have a problem with you going after sheep?? Just woundering on this one?? Have you talked to Ralph already.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNBgame View Post
    Deltana hunts in the Brooks for their Bou, would they have a problem with you going after sheep?? Just woundering on this one?? Have you talked to Ralph already.
    Yreah I asked and he told me they don't do drop off sheep hunts. It's all good, if I ever do a caribou hunt with out going after sheep, he's my man.