Thread: Condition of Little Nel?

Default Condition of Little Nel?

Hey everybody,

Does anyone know how the Little Nelchina is looking? I am planning on heading out to our cabin this weekend and will need to cross at Old Man Creek. I've never tried it this late in the season but with the heavy snow this year I thought I'd give it a try. I'll be bringing a couple of rookies with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningLeverAction View Post
    Hey everybody,

Does anyone know how the Little Nelchina is looking? I am planning on heading out to our cabin this weekend and will need to cross at Old Man Creek. I've never tried it this late in the season but with the heavy snow this year I thought I'd give it a try. I'll be bringing a couple of rookies with me.
    Was up there Saturday....all the creeks were still passable then. Snow gets REAL SOFT late in the day.
    Boondocking & Bowls of Deep Fresh Powder !
    2002 RMK 700 144"
    2010 Summit 600 Etec 146"
    Weekends and Holidays Rule Mondays Usually SUCK

Thanks, AKsummit!

Snow is getting more rotten by the day. Came out today and you need to stay off the ponds and watch the lakes. Most have melt water settling on top of them now.

I'm going to try for John Lake, but it sounds like I will need a plan B if it looks too squishy. Normally this time of year there are bare spots and some overflow on the lakes, and sometimes icy meltwater in the swampy spots. The trail seems to hold up pretty well since it is groomed and compacted, but this is a week later than I've ever tried it. It will be an adventure.