Thread: " Backyard in Nowhere" pike fishing video

Default "A Backyard in Nowhere" pike fishing video

Anybody watch the pike fishing film "Backyard in Nowhere" a very entertaining and appalling video based on some do it yourself fisherman in the Innoko River/Holy Cross area ? Entertaining in the fact that the filming/fishing is great and it shows how things really work in the bush and how subsistence natives live the village life/ Appalling in the way an Alaska outfitter/guide service being filmed acted towards the producers of this film for just being there in what they cliamed was "thier Backyard" they give a black eye to all guides in Alaska to anyone who watches this and does not know that not all outfits in alaska behave this way, in this way, i mean that threatens and harasses people who are not their paying clients and because they are simply there fishing and enjoying themselves on public land/waters that they have personally claimed for themselves. Anyway good watch curious to what people think.

see down on the situk

Humper

Where do I find this video

Nevermind found it on YouTube.. loading now

no i havent seen the video in full.... waiting for bills to be caught up before i order it

tried to find it on the selves of fairbanks but couldnt... if anyone could point me to a place i dont have to wait for shipping that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by aktyler View Post
    tried to find it on the selves of fairbanks but couldnt... if anyone could point me to a place i dont have to wait for shipping that would be great
    I believe you might be only able to find it online as well. The preview looks awesome. I might look at a couple of places around Anchorage myself to see if I can find a copy locally.

Pretty crazy vid. Wicked good filming. Not really a fan of the locals chugging on a whisky bottle while hunting and/or letting the kids shoot from a moving boat but hey, no harm no foul? Not how I operate anyway. But it was pretty shetty of those midnight sun guys to act like they did. It's just pike fishing and you're in the bloody middle of nowhere. Great film and great fish.

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    Pretty crazy vid. Wicked good filming. Not really a fan of the locals chugging on a whisky bottle while hunting and/or letting the kids shoot from a moving boat but hey, no harm no foul? Not how I operate anyway. But it was pretty shetty of those midnight sun guys to act like they did. It's just pike fishing and you're in the bloody middle of nowhere. Great film and great fish.
    Did you find the video online? Would be cool if you could get it on Netflix.

I went on their website and bought it direct from the makers...most of the online fly shops carry it I think. Try fishwest if you don't want to buy from overseas.

http://flyfishingwestern.com/store/p...n-nowhere-dvd/