Thread: I knew this day would come!

Default I knew this day would come!

Well, after getting my goat home and getting him up on the wall, I ask my wife what she thought. She said "he looks good but, are you done now" I said, just because the walls are full, don't mean I can't upgrade. She then said, what am I to do with all that stuff when you pass. I told her she could do whatever she liked, just give the goat to Becca.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Tell her they get good money for these things. She could probably go to Paris with the money she could get for them after you kick the bucket. Maybe then she'll let you get a few more......lol

By the way.......have you guys listed all your mounts on your home owners insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Tell her they get good money for these things. She could probably go to Paris with the money she could get for them after you kick the bucket. Maybe then she'll let you get a few more......lol

By the way.......have you guys listed all your mounts on your home owners insurance?
    Yea, I told her they would sell, don't think she was buying it.

Good tip on the insurance, I do have a photo inventory, but I'm most likely into the special rider area.
    Founding Member

I recommend you watch the movie black dynamite... Movie has helpful tips on how to deal with situations like yours...

Tell the Mrs you will be saving a lot of money by not having to paint the walls ever again - that should make her REAL happy!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Interesting discussion on selling trophies...................considering trophies are not legally saleable in Alaska. However, BOG recently legallized sale after divorce. Maybe you can time a divorce to go just before you pass, Stid.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Interesting discussion on selling trophies...................considering trophies are not legally saleable in Alaska. However, BOG recently legallized sale after divorce. Maybe you can time a divorce to go just before you pass, Stid.
    MT, Estate sales are legal in Alaska.. in this thread we are talking about the Trophies I killed and have willed to my wife.

From the regs.......

Selling trophies, finished skins, and some skulls of big game animals requires a permit from ADF&G. Big game trophies may be given away at any time, but may only be sold or exchanged for something of value when they are; 1) abandoned at a taxidermy shop for at least 6 months, 2) involved with resolution of a bankruptcy, and 3) if the owner dies and a trophy is part of an estate in probate court.
    Founding Member

I'm not to sure I would let her know that the trophys are worth more if your dead... Is she a good shot

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    I'm not to sure I would let her know that the trophys are worth more if your dead... Is she a good shot

Yes, Yes she is a good shot indeed.

Steve

Founding Member

Too funny Steve, you and Flor crack me up. Dale always has a place at our home, but I sure hope he doesn't need to come and stay anytime soon. We enjoy hanging out with you way too much, and besides we are running out of space for taxidermy already

Hey Stid,
    With my best buddy doing my taxidermy I tell my wife "I can't afford to NOT get things mounted." If our wives ever get together they might have a double burrial. Maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal on a plot if they stack our coffins on top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    MT, Estate sales are legal in Alaska.. in this thread we are talking about the Trophies I killed and have willed to my wife.

From the regs.......

Selling trophies, finished skins, and some skulls of big game animals requires a permit from ADF&G. Big game trophies may be given away at any time, but may only be sold or exchanged for something of value when they are; 1) abandoned at a taxidermy shop for at least 6 months, 2) involved with resolution of a bankruptcy, and 3) if the owner dies and a trophy is part of an estate in probate court.
    What about sales from a trust? Those aren't probated, and many are now using those instead of a will . . . . .

Steve,

What she may really be telling you is that your trophies taking up wall space are not leaving any room for her trophies..............As you stated she is a good shot and loves the hunt almost as much as you! Perhaps an addition to the residence of a trophy room / man cave.

Quote Originally Posted by gil View Post
    Steve,

What she may really be telling you is that your trophies taking up wall space are not leaving any room for her trophies..............As you stated she is a good shot and loves the hunt almost as much as you! Perhaps an addition to the residence of a trophy room / man cave.
    Ah, you may be right, but I feel so at home in the cave surrounded by all my furry friends!!!
    Founding Member

Stid...your wonderful wife asked you if you were done yet, she didn't tell you that you were! Like your home, our walls are covered in trophies and I always wonder where we are going to hang the next mount. I also admit asking my husband the same question your wife asked you and always do so by turning my face away with a broad grin - for I know the answer before it leaves his lips!!! I have to agree with gil here, I think she is giving you a hint...better leave her some room for her success. It sounds like you both understand each other and it is quite obvious you share the same passions. Look forward to more pictures and stories!
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.