Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Sad Day.

Default Sad Sad Day.

Well its official. I had to make the hardest decision the other day to move back to Michigan. Due to the lack of work. I'll be fishing the kenai today and at least 1 day next week. I wanted to thank everyone that showed great kindness to me over the years. So if you in the area of the Kenai river stop on by and say hi. I'm all ready devising a plan to get back up here in September for Palooza. Hope to see some of you on the water. I may be in Michigan but will continue to utilize this site and share wisdom to others. I wish everyone a great season.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    Well its official. I had to make the hardest decision the other day to move back to Michigan. Due to the lack of work. I'll be fishing the kenai today and at least 1 day next week. I wanted to thank everyone that showed great kindness to me over the years. So if you in the area of the Kenai river stop on by and say hi. I'm all ready devising a plan to get back up here in September for Palooza. Hope to see some of you on the water. I may be in Michigan but will continue to utilize this site and share wisdom to others. I wish everyone a great season.
    Alaska will be sorry to have lost a good fisherman. Good luck in the Lower 48 !!!

That sucks Justin.
    But you gotta do what you gotta do.
    We will be expecting you at 'Palooza.

well that sucks…..i guess you will be doing a lot more steel head fishing.

Smile Cheer up . . .

Hey, from one Michigander to another, it could be a lot worse* . . .

*You could have to go to Texas.

Seriously, at least you're still in the North Country, there are browns in the rivers, and there are deer and pats in the woods.

Dang brother sorry to hear the news. Where location do you plan on heading back to. I would suggest you avoid, Sterling, Kinde, Port Auston, Bad Axe, Port Hope, Indian River, Traverse City, Holland, Detriot, Grand Rapids, Alpena, Gaylord, Sebwing, Ruth, Ubly, Armada, Lansing, Holt, Bridge Port, Saginaw, Hale, Bay City, Tawas, Lewiston, Howell, Marquette, Kent, The Soo, Dafter, Pelston, Pennibog, Mio, Black River, and Osineek well and Green Bush. Sorry big family.

Best of luck with your ventures sad to see you leave the state. With you talentin fly tying if you have a moment and stop in to Bob Linemans fly shop in Mio I think you will find your talents will be much appreciated and just might be able to find a second income and a chance to expand your ops there. Mr. L is one of the masters of fishing in Michigan and one would assume you would find great homes waters back in MI.

Best of Luck

Richard "Moose" Mousseau
    BMR.

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm relocating to Menominee. Thanks moose ill have to look him up. Heck I just might get my own shop Haha.

Is this move taking place ASAP? If so, bummer. The Sockeye are getting closer by the minute!!

Safe travels man.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Holy Wa Sturgeon on a Fly eh. Last time I checked they are still making Paper and cutting trees I am sure you will fall into something Grand.

Ok I will also warn you about friends then. Don't go to Hermansville, Spaulding, Cedar River, Vulcan, Norway, Crystal Falls, Bessmer, Iron River or Escanaba.

Never fish the Cedar, Paint, Fence, Net, Ford, Sturgeon, East Branch Ontonagon, Escanaba, Jumbo, Perch, Trout Creek, Peske, Carp, Yellow Dog, Salmon Trout, Huron, Fox either branch, Teaspon, Driggs or White Fish rivers they don't hold trout and or Craig Lakes nor Fortune, Baeufort lakes they are really bad. There is nothing in Gene's pond either not to mention Norway Lake.

Once you get settled in I would not go to Antigo Wisc and visit the Coach Light lounge and Bowling Bar and I would not ask for Brain Synder nor visit his motel in Coleman. Never fish the lakes in or around Boulder Junction in Wisc or think the Upper Wolfe River is decent fishing Shame on you. If you find your-self talking to a guy in Foresrty in Boulder Junction name Jimmy and the last name starts with a D ask him where all the darn Walleye are I promise you he will lie. If you find your-self in Suprior Wisc some day in Blue Berry Lake area be careful I have cousins there as well.

Once you are up and established shoot me a note I will walk you through some of my old stomping grounds there really is some very nice fishing spots still off the beaten path for one willing to explore.

If your looking for side change next winter I will put you to the task and order up some flies keeps me from having to sit at the vise half the winter.

I have fished a few of those locations you speak about and you right no fish.......As for hermansville we have a deer camp there and I can tell you there aren't any deer there. Hahaha. Last November went I went back to menominee all I caught was over 50 whitefish 2 sturgeon 1 German brown and 10 pike. Fishing there is hit or miss.......

Don't mean to pry, but what line of work are you not finding in Alaska?

Everywhere I look I see help wanted signs on store windows. The oil patch is in the midst of a big hiring frenzy. They are in the final stages of handing out a whole bunch of big-dolla technician jobs right now. Our economic situation in Alaska is a far cry better than most of the lessor-48, so it's puzzling to hear about people heading south and I'm just curious as to the whats and whys.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I have fished a few of those locations you speak about and you right no fish.......As for hermansville we have a deer camp there and I can tell you there aren't any deer there. Hahaha. Last November went I went back to menominee all I caught was over 50 whitefish 2 sturgeon 1 German brown and 10 pike. Fishing there is hit or miss.......
    Hey 900, I used to live and work in both Hermansville and Menominee. Your right, no deer at all. LOL, I used to live in a hunting cabin just off of County Rd 577 near Banat.
    Your deer camp up the Vega? Lots of good memories and good people in that area. There are alot of things about da UP that are better than Alaska...Don't be too down about it... you'll only be a couple of hours South of God's country (ie Lake Superior and those elusive Lakers) Man, I really miss fishing the mouth of the Huron in July and off Pequaming in the winter....

You gonna be back in time for the Brown Trout Derby?

One less of us Yoopers in Alaska. Safe travels!

I was trying to snag a job on the slope. But was unsucessful. I'm not to hummed about it. I get to go back to my old stomping grounds. And yes ill be back for the Derby. Not only do we have a camp in hermansville off vega we have one in menominee county.

So go to Hermy and look up Ken Bray tell him to take you fishing and he does not have a choice mind you he is a crusty old early retired USAF Supply Troop but he fishes OK for a guy that grew up in Vulcan. Please pass on to him that yes you can create a new fly to the market and it was not a variation of other flies and yes I belongs to me. :-) Ok that was mean Ken is one heck of a fly tyer even for an old guy. Heck I am old call him crusty. Also whatch out for the Peach's namely Bob he knows jack crap about fishing the Cedar.
    Oh and all the people who think they can play Volley Ball in Oconto Falls. Long story I will share with you on another day.

Best of Luck and I promise not to drag on anymore and there is no dear in Hermansville well with the exception of the Brodaxe>

Glad to have meet you last fall up on the creek.Safe travels south and if you get back this fall I have a couple rafts.

If you need to unload any salmon flies to make your trvels a little lighter you know who to call! lol. Always fun fishing with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    If you need to unload any salmon flies to make your trvels a little lighter you know who to call! lol. Always fun fishing with ya.
    Oh then I will take your trout flies!!!!!!!!!!!

I was trying to snag a job on the slope. But was unsucessful. I'm not to hummed about it. I get to go back to my old stomping grounds. And yes ill be back for the Derby. Not only do we have a camp in hermansville off vega we have one in menominee county.
    Unfortunately getting a slope gig is 9 times out of 10 who you know, not what you know. Not saying they hire people that can't do the work, but having a connection is almost essential for getting a job up there.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you, have a safe trip!
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Sorry to hear the news, Justin. You'll be missed. Glad to hear you'll still be active on the forum! You've definitely taught me a thing or two (or three) with regards to fly tying.

Good luck in the job hunt down south. Safe travels!
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast