Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parks highway streams report

Default parks highway streams report

Friday with mom and dad in anchorage for the weekend, and my brother at his GF's house, and sister coin her own thing, I decided to go take a gander up at the creeks.

The Little sue: Open patches, I went from the bridge and every 75 yards or so there was an open pool about 40 feet long and 20 feet wide...Only catch, the ice really grabs a hold of your lures and doesn't let go. only lost 2 lures so it wasn't a bad day fishing.

Tried to go to willow creek but the road wasn't open, so I went down to the deshka but didn't want to pay to get in so I went home.

Meadow creek is open, was gone hit that on the way home but Sister called and needed some help with something.

Didn't make up up to willow or montana, won't be able to hit it next weekend cause I'm working saturday and sunday I'm busy all day but hopefully I'm open the next weekend, cause I now they will be open then.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post

Tried to go to willow creek but the road wasn't open, so I went down to the deshka but didn't want to pay to get in so I went home.

as in not plowed or gate?
    hook, line, sinker, done.

not plowed
    Quote Originally Posted by fishak View Post
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by fishak View Post
    I could have got back there if I had 4 wheel drive but not with my car

I could have got back there if I had 4 wheel drive but not with my car
    thanks man

hit several parks streams today one being the willow it would be hard to get anything other than snowshoes back to the mouth. And at this point isnt worth it. only one we found to be open all the way to the confluence was Montana but no fish were found here are a couple pics of willow!
    willow.jpgwillow2.jpg
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

A gruesome walk to the mouth of willow only to see it is still blocked up. Brutal! That walk sucked. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    A gruesome walk to the mouth of willow only to see it is still blocked up. Brutal! That walk sucked. lol
    Gettin ya ready for Situk it was.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

[QUOTE=900fusion;1110987]hit several parks streams today one being the willow it would be hard to get anything other than snowshoes back to the mouth. And at this point isnt worth it. only one we found to be open all the way to the confluence was Montana but no fish were found here are a couple pics of willow!

Awesome, thanks for the update. I wont be long hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Gettin ya ready for Situk it was.
    Yes... I thought that myself. lol

thanks man saved me a trip tomorrow. looking for options need to get the line wet

I work saturdays and this sunday we have a church thing but I will see what I can do and try to get a report saturday after that

Definitely wait two more weeks, you might catch something then.
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

any update from this weekend??? want to get out tomorrow.
    NRA life Member JVJ

[QUOTE=900fusion;1110987]hit several parks streams today one being the willow it would be hard to get anything other than snowshoes back to the mouth. And at this point isnt worth it. only one we found to be open all the way to the confluence was Montana but no fish were found here are a couple pics of willow!
    QUOTE]
    I wish I would have read this before trekking all the way into the mouth on Friday! The hike was fine, i stayed atop of the snow, but by the time I was ready to head back to the truck it had warmed enough so that EVERY step was knee-crotch deep. Was an absolutely beautiful day though and me and the Labrador (Dolly Varden) had a nice time in the woods. A few weeks is def needed, but by then she will be shut down for the trout spawn eh?

Willow creek does not close for the trout spawning. However, it is always CnR only for trout and grayling. Probably won't see any fish in there until the Big Su goes ice out.

Quote Originally Posted by cohochaos View Post
    Willow creek does not close for the trout spawning. However, it is always CnR only for trout and grayling. Probably won't see any fish in there until the Big Su goes ice out.
    its only C&r from april 14-june 16th....right?

its only C&r from april 14-june 16th....right?
    No Retention of Rainbow Trout or Arctic Grayling is allowed year-round, including within a 1/2mile radius of its confluence with the Susitna River.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...egulations.pdf pg.28

Flowing waters in the Wasilla-Palmer zone are open to fishing from June 15th- April 14th and closed to fishing between those times.

so you can keep them above the bridge though

thats good to know also, as I probably would have kept one if I caught it after june 16th.....

Not as I read the regs, No retention is no retention.

Edit- I do see where they say that you can retain 1 rainbow less than 16" above the Parks Highway bridge but not during the closure for the spawning season in which is now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast