Thread: 2012 Fshing Season

Default 2012 Fshing Season

New to alaska and now living in anchorage, hope to find a few people to help me figure out where to fish? or show me the ropes. Thanks for any tips or info

I would check out the Highway Angler. It has a bunch of information on where, when, how to fish. It was a great guide for me when I first moved up a few years ago.

thanks i will definitaly check it out

I have the highway angler. Left way to many questions. Just ordered Fly Fisher's guide to Alaska. But I am in Valdez, from what I see, Parks highway or Kenai are the best outside of fly-in's. But I am sure locals have stellar spots other places.

I moved up a couple years ago and found the Fly Fisher's guide ot AK helpful. Check that out. A lot of where, when, and how just comes by word of mouth. PM me and I can try to get you started...

Obviously lots of info here, you should be able to keep busy reading all the old posts right up until fishing kicks off next month, we may be able to give you better tips and/or offers if you let us know specifically what you want to catch!

I fish a lot near anchor point. Come on down and I will show you where to and how to catch fish. 907-399-0623