Thread: 9 or 10 foot AB alumunim hull Inflatable, protection? Help.

Question 9 or 10 foot AB alumunim hull Inflatable, protection? Help.

Hi guys. Upon retirement, I intend to travel the country in a truck camper and purchase the AB inflatable. With the elements that can be a bit rough at times in Alaska, I am wondering what you guys do for protection? Excluding the right clothing, some kind of windshield etc??? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thank-You. Louie

A 9 or 10 foot inflatable does not afford you much room. Here is a pic of our tender. It is a 10 foot Aquapro SMR with the aluminum hull. I have an F15 on it. This is a big 10 footer for the size class. This model has huge tubes and there is not much room inside. Fun little boat, though.

Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Hi Pete. Back in February, I asked if you had compared your Aquapro with any of the other aluminum hulled brands. Louie

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
    Hi Pete. Back in February, I asked if you had compared your Aquapro with any of the other aluminum hulled brands. Louie
    That's right...I remember now. Aquapro came highly recommended. I was able to pick it up at dealer cost. I never considered any other brand of the aluminum RIBs. It is a nice little boat. I think that it would be small for what you wanted to do with it.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

"I am wondering what you guys do for protection?"

Not sure what you mean. Protection from what? Bears, rocks, mosquitoes, cold?

Hi Jim. Not bears, aluminum hull for rocks,flotsam, not mosquitoes. "Wind,cold,drizzle/rain." Louie

Thumbs up

I've worked on two of the small aluminum RIBs from this once New Zealand based company. The repairs and accessorizing on one skiff involved 2-part armor-coating the collar up to side-straking, while the other was normal wear/tear air retention stuff. These nice little boats have a simple/creative way of attaching the inflatable collar section on (or off) the rigid hull. The benefit is to bring your collar section inside during the winter off season or make very good repairs by the convenient collar removal. You can also split up the two for compact storage or transport.