Thread: Panga on Craigs List 26'

Default Panga on Craigs List 26'

I thought it was similar to a giant canoe always liked them in warmer waters. Never seen one for sale here.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2957417681.html

Those are neat versitile boats. Fuel efficient too. Don't let em broach in the swells though. I've though they would be great for inland water work. There are a few in Sitka.

Are they any worse than other boats in broaching? The shape of the stern seems to do well in following seas, and the Somalian Pirates seem to take them a long way out to sea.

Nice. A bit pricey, and to boot he's keeping the 8 horse kicker.

I'd enjoy that boat, but not at that price.

I was just estimating the number of days I've spent in a panga......24 years fishing the Baja at an average of 10 days/year.....lotsa fishing time.

A couple years ago, there was a fellow making new ones in Fairbanks. I think he called em "Yukon Boats" or some such. This design came from the Japanese and is popular in third world countries and becoming more so in USA with fuel prices.

This is a very versatile hull but I consider the 6o HP to be a bit light for the 26' as the 60 is most common on the 22' in Mexico. A 50 does well on a 22' until the load is increased.

Times are tough on the Baja and these boats can be bought quite cheaply and custom changes done on-site cheaply but the transport cost will negate the savings.

Vern,
    Good memory, guys name is Henry, He is in the Railroad Industrial area in Fairbanks........

http://www.yukonutilitycraft.com/
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

interesting design and it must be a very functional craft
    It looks like they are well built and look beautiful.
    Probably not really a canoe but very cool skinny boat
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com