Thread: Looking for a pilot on floats to make grocery drop Mid June

Default Looking for a pilot on floats to make grocery drop Mid June

Can anyone recommend someone to make a grocery drop to Swan Lake on Resurrection Pass in mid June? Or would someone please advise me on how to search for these services?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford King View Post
    Can anyone recommend someone to make a grocery drop to Swan Lake on Resurrection Pass in mid June? Or would someone please advise me on how to search for these services?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Try Todd Rust at Rust's Flying Service, Lake Hood. A shorter flight would be from Kenai, if anyone there is working floats.

Allot depends on how much you want dropped off, as in pounds. Do you need 100lbs or 500 lbs? How flexible are your days? Does it have to be June 5th at 5:00pm for example? Sunlight Aviation has a 180 on floats. Call Steve at 907-301-6993

http://scenicmountainair.com/ Scenic Mountain Air out of Moose Pass not far from Seward would probably be your least expensive. They have Supercubs and a Cessna 206 all on floats.

Another might be Dragon Fly Aero out of Homer for a small load.

I am curious about how much of a load we are talking about here??? The details are a touch thin.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Call around and ask the various air taxis. Your best bet will be to find an operator who has other business in the area at that time. If he can add a stop to a flight he's already making he'll be able to do it for less than making a special trip. The air taxis fill their planes with "seat fares" when the demand is adequate. A seat fare is way cheaper than a full charter since you're sharing the flight's expense with other customers.

But as Alex said, it still all depends on how much cargo this grocery drop actually amounts to. I've seen grocery drops in a beaver where there wasn't any payload left for somebody to ride in the right seat. How much stuff are you hoping to have delivered? You almost have to answer this question before you even know who to call, whether their airplanes are sufficient for the task, whether you will need the entire load yourself, etc.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Everyone, thank you. I apologize for not being more specific. Lets say that I want 40# of supplies dropped. On a specific day, but no specific time. If weather prevented the flight, I would not expect the delivery, nor a refund.

Then look for the cheapest guy. Any air charter should be able to do forty pounds. The Service Cabin Web site indicates Moose Pass or Copper Landing as being the closest, so look for an operator out of those two places. It may be worth your time/money to just hike out and get the supplies.

Are we talking about the Swan Lake that looks like is has an elephant trunk or another one??? Some lakes are not open to aircraft landings.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com