Thread: Any caribou pedestal mounts?

Default Any caribou pedestal mounts?

So next year I am going on a fly out caribou hunt into the brooks with Deltana. If I shoot 2 bou, like I want to, I am going to do a double pedestal mount. If anyone has any photos of either a pedestal done with or with out caribou, or even better, a double bou pedestal mount. I just want to get a idea on what they look like.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

I posted a picture in the skull and mount thread at the top of the page. Was my daughters irst caribou, figured She deserved something special after a 6 mile pack out.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-gallery/page2

Hoytguy

I haven't mounted any double pedestals, but I "googled" - 'double pedestal mount deer' and 'double pedestal mount caribou' and found some deer and one caribou example. Those searches turn up more deer, but with a little imagination the pix should give some good ideas for poses and bases. Here's the double 'bou link:

http://www.dakotataxidermy.com/?id=9...set=7&detail=1

Get with your taxidermist ahead of time and discuss the caping, as some custom poses may require a bit more cape length for a proper fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf1 View Post
    I haven't mounted any double pedestals, but I "googled" - 'double pedestal mount deer' and 'double pedestal mount caribou' and found some deer and one caribou example. Those searches turn up more deer, but with a little imagination the pix should give some good ideas for poses and bases. Here's the double 'bou link:

http://www.dakotataxidermy.com/?id=9...set=7&detail=1

Get with your taxidermist ahead of time and discuss the caping, as some custom poses may require a bit more cape length for a proper fit.
    Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Now I have some great ideas and can talk it over with my taxi.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Default Caribou Pedestal

Here is a profile Picture of my daughters first caribou I mounted, With a bigger base a second can be added.. or a second can be added to the shoulder of the bottom one.

Bou resized (1).jpg

Hoytguy

Nice bull your daughter got. Was that caribou taken last year? What herd?

She shot it in 2009, 6 miles west of happy valley off the haul road, central arctic herd.