Thread: Water Skipping

Default Water Skipping

any one lucky enough to get water yet? in Tanana we a few puddles about 4 inches deep...

Great, get your self a jet ski and have some real fun !

Agreed. I watch a few people every year do this thing. It is almost always with someone else's machine so they don't ruin theirs. If you enjoy rebuilding your motor a lot then by all means slap a paddle track on your rig and go for it. Do forget your float coat.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

There's a good place to run in Talkeetna. Everyone I know does it on their own machine, and sinking one doesn't automatically mean a rebuild. My old Summit X has been sunk twice and came home under it's own power both times.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Agreed, sinking a machine just means you have wet gas. Mine has been to the bottom once after I ran out of gas halfway across the lake All I had to do was pull the plugs, tip it up, and pull it over a few times. Fresh gas, and it fired right up. Still running strong 5 hard seasons later. One 4th of July I got the sled out and my buddy and I took turns running a pond in his yard. Just duct taped the vents, and ran it. It was a perfect lake with grass on both ends, and about 1/4 mile long. Just long enough to make some turns, but short enough to get to shore if it started porpoising or loosing power. I've got some good videos of it somewhere. Maybe I'll have to dig them up.

Sounds like you guys killed the mill before it sucked water. If you don't....
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

They don't go down instantaneously. You have plenty of time to hit the kill switch.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Well yeah, if you go in wide open, there is a chance to bend something when it locks up. Also if you leave the water in it, or it is salt, you will end up with rust. After I got mine out of the water, I let it run for 5 minutes with the oil injector pulled on full. That way it could boil off the water, and re-coat the bearings with oil.

Default Illegal in some parts...

I was watching the show "North Country Law" it's about troopers in Maine, lots of situations similiar to what we have here in Alaska. Some guys were crossing a lake that had a couple open spots, and one guy crossed the open area, the trooper jumped on a sled and pulled him over, he got a ticket for $138 bucks for crossing open water, I guess it's illegal in that part of the world.

Please don't drown Frankie.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by akjeff64 View Post
    I was watching the show "North Country Law" it's about troopers in Maine, lots of situations similiar to what we have here in Alaska. Some guys were crossing a lake that had a couple open spots, and one guy crossed the open area, the trooper jumped on a sled and pulled him over, he got a ticket for $138 bucks for crossing open water, I guess it's illegal in that part of the world.
    HAHAHA! yeah american fags have no freedom at all...thats why we need to keep them out...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Please don't drown Frankie.
    dont worry im only going in water that dosnt even go up to my indy 340s handle bars

I love skipping, but I have never done it across a lake as my machine has never run that good!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieJames7 View Post
    HAHAHA! yeah american fags have no freedom at all...thats why we need to keep them out...

How you are still a member on this site after all of your other posts is beyond me. Mods must be on vacation.