Thread: Summer Backpack Climbs

Default Summer Backpack Climbs

If you were headed out to say Granite Tors for an over nighter/ weekend trip, what size pack do you take when you're bringing a tent, rope and splitting gear between 2 people?
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!

That's going to vary a tremendous amount based on what you consider necessary gear and whether you're splitting the load equally or not. The easiest way to determine backpack size, if you don't already have one, is to put your gear in a box and determine your cubic inches of gear for each person and then buy a pack of that cubic inch size or greater. You may even consider taking your gear to the store and loading up the packs you are considering because that way you'll get the idea of the comfort of the fully loaded pack and be able to do an apples to apples comparison of packs.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I think I figured it out, I think a 50L is about perfect. I can get all my stuff into a 40 with plenty of room to spare so my climing gear shouldn't take up much more. Thanks
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!