Thread: Coho Cove Campground and boat launch

Default Coho Cove Campground and boat launch

Anyone know the status of the campground and boat launch?
    Did anyone fish the Kasilof last fall and if so, were you taking out at Coho or the cabins?
    How long does it take to get from the bridge to the cabins?
    Thanks so much!
    Kort

don't know about the cabins or launch, but there is places at crooked creek, and it is a shorter float, but you can drag it out if you want by sitting on the holes.

not sure what you mean about places at crooked creek? There is no boat launch at crooked creek that I am aware of.

I heard last year Coho Cove was sold and will no longer be available for public use. Can anyone comment further on this?
    I checked less than a week ago and the crooked creek campground still had a ton of untouched unplowed snow. I am guessing it will be awhile yet before anyplace opens on the river due to the snow we had this year.
    The parking lot at the bridge was also snowed in you could pull in and turn around at the entrance but that was about it.
    You are correct there is no launch /retrieve at crooked creek just some campsites and dayuse parking.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by ak_chiomega View Post
    not sure what you mean about places at crooked creek? There is no boat launch at crooked creek that I am aware of.
    basically I am saying you can camp there, but that is it, and as for coho cove you can cross that one off the list, new people own it and I have heard they aren't going to allow people to use it. But like I said that is what I heard. As for a public launch the only one I knwo of is at the bridge, the state has thrown around the idea of putting in anther one down stream in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    basically I am saying you can camp there, but that is it, and as for coho cove you can cross that one off the list, new people own it and I have heard they aren't going to allow people to use it. But like I said that is what I heard. As for a public launch the only one I knwo of is at the bridge, the state has thrown around the idea of putting in anther one down stream in the future.
    There were some questions about that earlier. From what I heard the campground there may be closed but the river opening may still be available for pull outs at the least. Not sure though. There was another thread on it here a while back.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    There were some questions about that earlier. From what I heard the campground there may be closed but the river opening may still be available for pull outs at the least. Not sure though. There was another thread on it here a while back.
    I saw that thread as well. But I figured by now, someone would have heard something?

I have heard the same thing about Coho Cove, but like you guys, I don't have any first hand information.... what I do know first hand is that Trujillo's landing will be open again this year for a take-out spot. I believe he said it'll be $20/take-out
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by markw3 View Post
    I have heard the same thing about Coho Cove, but like you guys, I don't have any first hand information.... what I do know first hand is that Trujillo's landing will be open again this year for a take-out spot. I believe he said it'll be $20/take-out
    If thats the case Ill just take my 4x4 diesel down there and start hauling people out of the water for 10 bucks right off the bank. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by markw3 View Post
    Good news on Trujillo's being open again. They are pretty much at the end of the fishing zone anyway.
    I have done the beach thing and $20 is money well spent compared to that. Yeah we did it ok but the risk and hassle was
    not worth it. Plus once dipnetting opens there is no way you could do it off the beach with all the people.
    There is always Kasilof cabins if you want to go that far down.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    G Plus once dipnetting opens there is no way you could do it off the beach with all the people.
    Thats what the bull bumper on the truck is for.

Last word I heard was that it is closed to the public and only open to those of us who live in the subdivision, that was written into the contractual language ... still fishing down south and will be up in about two weeks, I'll post more if I hear it.