Thread: Extream hunting method.

Default Extream hunting method.

I used to know a guy that would go to extremes to get his moose. One stories he tells; His father, brother and him were watching a big bull moose that was in a gulley on a mountain side. In order to get close to the bull and not make any noise his brother and him strip down to there bare axx and went into the heavy brush as his father watch threw binoculars. A few minutes later his father sees his sons come running out of the gulley as fast as two naked guys could run follow by the bull.

They also like to hunt non-motorize areas and to get there camp into the area and the animal out they built a rickshaw using tubes from large truck tire.

That is just wrong. (not to mention - unnecessary)..........LOL

Native hunters all over the world used to hunt in nothing more than a loin cloth.

Come to thing of it if they were good hunters they would have hides to make clothes. LOL

Interesting. I know a guy that killed a moose many years ago up the south fork of hunter creek in the Chugach and hiked the darn thing out solo. Far as I know he did it fully clothed but he said it took a week to get it all out. Personally that is not something I would be interested in attempting but he was a young airman and had the vacation time with nothing better to do... If I am going that far in that rough of country it darn sure wont be for something as big as a moose!

MacG,
    Native hunters all over the world used to hunt in nothing more than a loin cloth (as you wrote) because they did not have access to Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse, She Safari, or Jim Shockey videos.
    I'm good with taking off my boots to finish a stalk in (wet) socks. But the strip deal is unnecessary as Bullelkklr mentioned. Also, up here in the great-wet- north, it sounds like a cold, wet, and windy experience. 'Cept for early season sheep hunts, I spend every day afield attempting to think of ways to keep myself and my client hunters dry and warm.

The Television MacGyver did a bunch of simple and amazing stuff to win every battle, confrontation, and match-of-wits. He never stripped down to his bare axx. In the case mentioned in the post starting this thread, the daddy/father needs to kick the axx of his moron sons.

.....too much forum, not even funny...

And one question. Following the kill shot(s), did the brothers do the big hug scene and jump around like they just won the Superbowl? (2 Funny)

Anything more that a rock or club is gravy.Most everything is invented to make life easier not out of need.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I had a kid that worked for me in ketchikan, wanted to kill a bear with a spear. Said I'd back him up wit a video camera and a my 300, but probably wouldn't be able to use both at once, so I'd probably keep filming instead of picking up the rifle.

Tree stand, jump straight down, spear thru the spine, hopefully bungee cord gets me backup quick enough

I don't know...is this some kind of pitch for an Alaska themed version of Brokeback Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I used to know a guy that would go to extremes to get his moose. One stories he tells; His father, brother and him were watching a big bull moose that was in a gulley on a mountain side. In order to get close to the bull and not make any noise his brother and him strip down to there bare axx
    I'd call that something, but I don't know if I would call that "extremes".....did they not know they make fleece clothing? Or maybe they just wanted to feel more connected to the land,.....and moose......who obviously got offended.....lol

I figure if I ever need a "white suit" to chase sheep i could just use the one god gave me. Sure tyvek painter suits are light but not nearly as light as my birthday suit.

I never said they did that all the times? They only did it one time, for you guys to think it was a normal way they hunted is funny.

It also explains your comments.

Years ago, my cousin and I went back to the res at Hayward for the Honor the Earth Pow-wow. We stayed with our great aunt Evelyn. She had water issues in her trailer so we had to take a bath in the lake, at the end of her dock.
    Later that day at the Pow-wow, we told that story and a bunch of guys started laughing. "Shoot, that old woman is not having trouble with her water. She just wanted to see some naked men!" Haha We'll never live that one down.