Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temple Fork rods

Default Temple Fork rods

Hi I just found a few rods on sale so I thought I would let you guys know. Go to departmentofgoods.com and type in temple forks. They have three rods on the site. The three rods on sale are
    • Temple Forks Outfitters-Axiom 5 weight and 9 weight available
    • Temple Forks Outfitters-Clouser 6, 7, 8, 9 weight rods available
    • Temple Forks Outfitters-Finesse Series, 1 thru 6 weight rods available

When you check out enter this code and you recieve 40% off the rods. 6AS-1-UGL9A

Thanks! I just ordered their BVK and got it for 40% off. Awesome!

I could not find a place to enter the 40% off code..any help?

Tony

Thanks a lot! I have a BVK 4wt on the way!
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

I also had trouble finding it at first. If you haven't found it by now this is how you do it: When you are in the checkout page, directly under the 'Enter Your Payment Information' box, there are the words 'Redemption Code', click the orange words next to it.

Thanks again Russp17!

Funny, but I don't see that they carry rods at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Funny, but I don't see that they carry rods at all.
    you have to type in temple forks in the search box at the top of the web page. the checkout page does indeed show these rods at 40% off when you enter that code; but I personally am doubting this is for real - since they aren't shown on sale, and neither is that discount code - on the first page. The only place I see that discount code is a posting on this forum.

So inasmuch as the discount is hella great, I'm suspicious of deals too good to be true, like this one. I've never heard of the place, so until someone actually has a templeforks rod, in hand, that they got from this website at 40% off - I'm keeping my finger off the button.

I just ordered the BVK 10ft 5wt for 40percent off. I appreciate the heads up. I have ordered clothing item from them before and had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesch View Post
    you have to type in temple forks in the search box at the top of the web page. the checkout page does indeed show these rods at 40% off when you enter that code; but I personally am doubting this is for real - since they aren't shown on sale, and neither is that discount code - on the first page. The only place I see that discount code is a posting on this forum.

So inasmuch as the discount is hella great, I'm suspicious of deals too good to be true, like this one. I've never heard of the place, so until someone actually has a templeforks rod, in hand, that they got from this website at 40% off - I'm keeping my finger off the button.
    Got mine in hand went fishing yesterday, price was 40% off so it worked for me.

found the spot..right in front of my face! I'm actually good on fly rods. (I just picked up a couple of ECHO 2's on ebay last week) I was in the market for a Kelty Noah rain tarp. Although the code did not work for the tarp. I did get it at a great price. Thanks for the link.

Tony

I got mine on Friday, looks and feels great! Thanks again Russ

I have a Temple Fork 4pc, 9ft 10wt Lefty Kreh, it broke on me the first time out with it. I sent it back to Temple Fork to get repaired and had it back in a couple weeks. I don't know how it broke on a 6lb sockeye but it did. I figured they might give me a hard time repairing it since i never sent in the registration card or registered online but had no problems.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

I had a hard time finding them by typing "temple fork" in the search box. I searched "fly rod" and they came right up.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by stevesch View Post
    departmentofgoods is the clearance site for backcountry.com... probably one of the top 5 online vendors of outdoor apparel and gear. Along with altrec, moosjaw, rei, and mountaingear. Same people created/run steepandcheap.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from dep. of goods. Killer deal on rods that are already "cheap".

Looks bonified to me now. Just showing my ignorance in never hearing of them before.

It's worth reporting that my wife and I have been traveling with 8 fly rods between us- four Sage and four TFO BVK's. We met up with another couple for a couple of weeks of trout in the Sierras. He's a retired Montana guide and career Sage chucker, and she's fished hard for the 40 years they've been married.

At one point he went off and left his Sage 5-weight by the river and of course it was gone when he went back. He borrowed my 5-weight BVK since I was using my Sage 4-weight at the time.

When we parted ways a week later he returned my BVK and said this: "Goodbye Sage and hello TFO. That's the best rod I've ever fished."

I have the Deer Creek spey rod in my cart with discount. So close to pulling the trigger. I just need someone to talk me into or out of it...

Do it!! I almost got one also. Let us know a report on it hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    I have the Deer Creek spey rod in my cart with discount. So close to pulling the trigger. I just need someone to talk me into or out of it...
    Here's an insight. I found the Deer Creek amazing with Skagit-type lines, but less than desirable with full spey lines. If you aren't going to be using traditional spey tapers, buy the rod and never look back. If you're going for tradition, delete your cart and keep looking for a true spey rod.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Here's an insight. I found the Deer Creek amazing with Skagit-type lines, but less than desirable with full spey lines. If you aren't going to be using traditional spey tapers, buy the rod and never look back. If you're going for tradition, delete your cart and keep looking for a true spey rod.
    Skagit it is. I just placed the order, and for $217 it can't be beat. Thank you Russ for this thread, and Brownbear for the insight. Any recommendations for a reel and line? Do I need to buy a new reel or can I get new spools for my current Ross CLA 7-9?

I'm not acquainted with the CLA 7-9, but if you mean the CLA 7 it's plenty of reel. As for lines, that's a can-o-worms. I'm prone to the Rio, but there are lots of others. Rio in my estimation has the greatest variety for matching specific needs. If you're simply looking for an excuse to get a new reel, I got to use the new Abel Spey for a couple of months, and I hated to return it. That's where my next buxx are going to fall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast