Thread: Who owns Alaskas wildlife ?

Default Who owns Alaskas wildlife ?

NPS is having a 'open house'.. info in link

[U]http://www.npca.org/about-us/regiona...pen-house.html

Hopefully some will show up for this ' NPS open house' and remind the NPS the the wildlife in these areas belong to the people of Alaska. NOT the National Park Service.

Quote Originally Posted by DEDWUF View Post
    remind the NPS the the wildlife in these areas belong to the people of Alaska. NOT the National Park Service.
    Wish it was that simple. Despite the "wildlife" being owned by the people of Alaska, the Park Service regulates the land within the park. Additionally, ANILCA allows the feds to regulate hunting, trapping, and fishing on Fed lands.
    However, there is ample opportunity to folks to advise the regulators and effect management.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Hmm, the link doesn't take you right to the page, so.. enter in the 'search box' - NPS open house Palmer Alaska

Jeeez the link still works for me on my email.

On the site above, click on 'News', look on right side of page, open house is in Palmer the 22 nd......

Back to school for me, on computer use...........

Hopefully some will show up for this ' NPS open house' and remind the NPS the the wildlife in these areas belong to the people of Alaska. NOT the National Park Service.
    That being the case it would NOT be "Wildlife". Wild to me means unowned. Maybe we need to brand our so called wildlife.

Man I wish I could be there for this one!! But is this actually the NPS or the NPCA, two different organizations isn't it? Also, it says the location is Fairbanks in the article but then lists it as being in Palmer?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

AGL4now,, okay, animals........

Maybe the park service needs to brand 'their' animals, or maybe fence the parks in preventing 'their' animals from escaping..??

I should have worded it differently, animals in Alaska. Aren't they considered a Alaskan resource?

Also on the correct link and article, at the bottom, hit,,,, 'click here for a few suggestions',, interesting and more in depth.

And another correction, this is actually 'fronted' by, 'National Parks Conservation Association', not NPS

Default Its a conservation group

This is JUNK! IF I'm reading this right this is NOT the NPS, this is a conservation group basically asking for support IN ASKING the NPS to shut down hunting (bears and wolfs?) in NP lands.
    The Park Service is especially interested in your thoughts on Alaska-specific topics, including how state predator control and intensive wildlife management programs are affecting national park units. This is a great opportunity to ask NPS to just say “no” to state of Alaska hunting rules that negatively impact park wolves and bears, particularly on national preserves.
    Send these guys home packing!
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

* We seek to have these sport hunting methods disallowed on NPS lands: snaring, baiting, shooting bears with spotlights in winter dens, killing wolf pups in their dens, killing sows and bear cubs, taking wolves when the pelts are not prime, and other objectionable hunting methods. Furthermore, extending hunting seasons and increasing bag limits for wolves and bears has to stop.

Another link. This might be a fun meeting to attend http://www.npca.org/about-us/regiona...pen-house.html
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post

This is a conservation group basically asking for support IN ASKING the NPS to shut down hunting (bears and wolfs?) in NP lands.

Send these guys home packing!

I would like to think that "WE" as hunters and Outdoorsmen a also a "Conservation" Group.

AKDoug,, Might be fun is right;

from your link: "NPCA is strongly encouraging NPS to just say NO to State of Alaska HUNTING regulations that negatively impact
    PARK wolves and bears and WRITE ITS OWN REGULATION that.........."
    LOL
    however,,

"Over 100 specific provisions of ANILCA require some form of Federal agency consultation with the State of Alaska.........."
    dnr.alaska.gov/commis/opmp/anilca/more.htm