Thread: Willies Legend

Default Willies Legend

I am lookinginto a 17 foot Willies Legend with the 50 HP Evinrude E-Tec Tiller Pump forlate season Rainbows on the Kenaiís middle river. Does anyone have experiencewith the package?

There is a black or dark blue one that runs out of bings landing. It usually has 2 or 3 guys in it and they seem to get around real well. Jon boat might be lighter with better performance, but a few less creature comforts.

I always thought that would make a good combo except for the weight to power ratio. As a big water jet boater I just can't imagine a 1000lb. boat handling all that great with the equivalent of 35hp coming out of a jet.

I agree with the previous poster that a jon boat with a 50hp pump is much more practical. I suspect if you are an avid jet boat pilot you could make the willie combo work.

I have seen numerous SeaArks and Lowe jon boats with 50hp pumps and they do great. F&G or the feds run one out of bings landing all summer, either SeaArk or G3, can't remember.

I recently picked up a 16' river runner that i'm going to put a 50hp honda on, i'm going to try it with a pump but i'm not optimistic. Dry weight on that boat is around 500 lbs. FWIW.

I've been running a Tohatsu 50 w/ a pump on a G3 1652 (460lb dry hull) and have been happy enough. For two guys its perfect, three is doable but not near the fun. Compare the E-tec to Tohatsu before you buy. Curious to here More from others.

If your just fishing north of bings just get a prop and learn the river? I have 20' legend and plan on running the whole river