Thread: jbm 300hpecotec/scott coming up

Default jbm 300hpecotec/scott coming up

we have gotten a few pm's about when we will be bringing up a boat so it looks like lake may or early june
    so if you would like to see this and maybe take it for a spin lets us know ahead of time and we will try to fit you in.
    it is 15'4 with 1/2" keel with 1/2" uhmw engine is a ecotec 300hp super charged with a scott 752 with hyd trim
    also has a 5000lb winch in the bow, heater,wipers,canvas and a few more things
    Attached Images Attached Images

Going to be in the Fairbanks area?

i think so. if not in june for sure in sep for moose

jbm,

If your here by Saturday, May 19, you could run up the Knik River to the Glacier with us. There will be others going and lots of skinny water and fun little channels to run. We meet under the highway (at the Knik River Bridge) @ about 10:00am. There is a thread (called Knik River Run on May 20) on this site that talks about it. Its actually guna be on the 19th. Sounds like a kool boat, would like to see/hear it... "fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    we have gotten a few pm's about when we will be bringing up a boat so it looks like lake may or early june
    so if you would like to see this and maybe take it for a spin lets us know ahead of time and we will try to fit you in.
    it is 15'4 with 1/2" keel with 1/2" uhmw engine is a ecotec 300hp super charged with a scott 752 with hyd trim
    also has a 5000lb winch in the bow, heater,wipers,canvas and a few more things
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Default short vid to add

here is a short vid for you to look at as well . things we do after a long winter . http://youtu.be/D3peHgUyQo0

Out of curiosity, why not offer that motor and pump combo in a larger boat? Like a 20 or 21' with a 6' or greater bottom? Build it light, and it could be a great load hauler with reasonable fuel burn.
    Honestly, while those small boats look like "fun", they don't seem very utilitarian. You aren't going to load it up for a Moose hunt.
    My $.02.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

20-21' is just to big for my type of hunting. i have hunted many times in alaska and never not made it up the river we hunt on where others with the 20-21' could not because they were just to big. i hunted 4 guys out of 1 like this but 3" longer and yes we had to make two trips to get all the guys ,gear, and game out. but this is a price i will pay every time if it means that we will make it up and back . they handle so much better also then the longer boats. this 1 will have no trouble hauling 2 moose at 1 time if they are cut up some and with the hyd trim to ease getting up on step is nice also.