Thread: Which Bino's to buy???

Default Which Bino's to buy???

Ok I'm looking for a new pair of bino's in either 8x or 10x - I just looked at the leupold Cascades and Arcadia's, the Redfield rebels, The Nikon Trainlblazer and Monarch and the Vortex Diamondbacks.

The Nikon diopter adjustement is difficult to adjust but the FOV is good and bright.

The Vortex was nice the diopter adjustement was good and lockeds in nicely, the glass is decent but brite

The Redfield glass was nice, the diopter adjustement was good but prone to being bumped and they were the heaviest inexpensive also

The Leupold Arcadia's glass was nice, the diopter seemed a little "clicky" and possibly prone to being bumped

The Leupold Cascade's glass was a touch nicer than the Arcadia's the diopter adjustment was solid FOV seemed better than the others

The Nikon Trailblazer was cheap $ glass was ok FOV looked pretty large but diopter was an issue as stated above

The Nikon Monarch ATB was very bright and clear FOV was good but back to the diopter hassle

I'm open to suggestions, price does play a factor everything here had a range of $129 - $339 with most around $250-$260. I don't think going much higher in price (say up to $400-$500) Will make much of a difference for what I will used them for to warrant the price jump.

I will use these for both bow & rifle hunts where most of my viewing will be 300 yds or less but with the occasional 400 yrd view. Obviously the 8x will be a better FOV and usually brighter but the 10x will have its obvious pros giving me a "closer view" but slightly dimmer.

Do I look for something with a larger objective and higher power? Do I stay with the 8 or 10 and maybe a larger obj?

If anyone has an opinion or suggestions I'm open to every school of thought.

You might want to look here...... http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...rs-suggestions

i have the Vortex Diamondbacks. they are outstanding. But your not just buying the glass when you buy optics. your also buying that companies customer service. Of which I think Vortex is among the best. havent dealt with Nikon or Leupold Customer service yet thankfully, but vortex is a great company. just my .02

Call Doug at Cameraland. Tell him what you are looking for and your price range. He will hook you up! I believe if you mention the outdoors forum you get a 10% discount. He might even have a nice demo set that you can get a deal on. Just my .02
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

i have the nikon monarch ATB bought them last year is 12x i love them and the low light capture is amazing. the diopter doesnt really bug me even with gloves on. i also really like how compact they r. when you get a pair look into the lockdown harness, best harness ive ever owned. good luck hunting

I bought my son a pair of 10X Diamondbacks last year and he loves them. Finally leaves my EL's alone. LOL He likes them much better that the Bruntons I got him a few years ago.
    I think they are a very good set of binos in that price range and you can't go wrong with them. Definately give Doug a call he supports a lot of hunting websites across the country.

My vote goes to the Monarchs...I used them for a few years until I bumped up to Swaros.
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.