Thread: Bushnell Elite 6500

Default Bushnell Elite 6500

Discussions I've found of this scope are older, so I thought I'd ask for newer experiences. I am not real familiar w/ Bushnell, but a kid at a sporting goods store said I should look at one: "The clarity is unreal." They don't sell them, so I thought that was interesting. My concern, beyond clarity, is durability. Is a 1.25-8x32mm going to survive atop a 416 Rem Mag? Can the eye relief really be 6" like the specs say? That is 2" beyond most everything else, and if real would be quite welcome. The rest of the specs seem acceptable, compared to the Leupold VX3 1.5-5x20mm and the Nikon Monarch African 1-4x20mm. (I've pretty well narrowed my choices to these three.) The Zeiss 1.1-4x24 mm, apparently a great scope, has a half inch less eye relief than what seems more "standard". I'd like to avoid more cut eyebrows. If anyone has any reads on or experience w/ the Bushnell Elite 6500, please post. Thanks. john

My very limited experience with the Bushnell product comes from a good friend that bought one for a 375 H&H. Six months later he had a Leupold VXiii 1.5-5 on the rifle and the Bushnell was for sale. I have that same Leupold scope on my 375 and another one on a Marlin 39 rifle. It works perfectly on both.

The famous Leupold warranty is worth a lot too.

A lot of that particular Leupold scope show up on here and on 24 hour campfire classifieds. If you are not in a hurry, watch for one and save some money. Getting the VX3 over the VXiii is nothing special except more money spent.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

OK. Thanks. I am surprised that the 6500 did not cut it. What did he not like about it? Glad to hear the VX3 is not a great jump over the VXii as well. I just wish I could get the thing off 4x. Gun cleaning fluid and WD40 won't loosen it.

Sorry, but Bushnell would have to PAY ME to put any of their optics in my list of gear.....probably even then I wouldn't do it. imo.....

4mer: Thanks. I gather you are not a fan of Bushnell. Reasons? I never have used them because "way back when" they seemed to be on the lower end, but I have no idea any more so I thought I'd ask.