Thread: props in the yetna

Default props in the yetna

hello all, i just bought some land just west of fish creek, and was woundering if you can run props up that far? i've heard that there is a guy running cargo up the river with props on his boat. i run the little sue with a prop and only bump bottom once in a while, unless the river is really low, comming from cook inlet. thanks for any help..

My father in law had a guy hall alot of his materials for his cabin which is 4 miles up fish creek. Dont recall his but he ran props just have to know the river very good.

You can run a prop up the Yetna. There are shallow spots. One is at the confluence of the Big Su and Yetna.

The cargo guy runs 2 big Mercs with props. He does go through the sloughs which is confusing. I followed him one day and almost got lost. Stop by and talk to them at Deshka Landing, they can get you in touch with him. You may also need to ship some material up too.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Did you buy land by fish creek or fish lake creek? Is it on the Yetna or on the creek? What type of boat do you plan on using?

Are you referring to Fish Creek off of Kroto Slough? If so, Kroto can be shallow at times. It seems to be deeper if you go in from the Yentna end instead of the Su end.

onstep, it's on the north side of the yetna above fish creek. it is 37.5 miles from the mouth of the yetna and big sue.i have 2 boats. 1 is a 17.5 bayliner that draws about 18" on step, and a 16' inflatable with a 40 horse yahmahammer. i will be coming up the bigsue to the yenta if it matters thanks

it's fish lake creek i guess, i'm between otter lake and the yetna river