Thread: Kennel Floors

Default Kennel Floors

What does everyone use in their kennels for flooring. I have had it with trying to keep bedding as the dogs in my absense just tear the guts out -- I think it is their way of getting back at me. I have read that old belts used in gravel pits are great. Any ideas and where to find the material.

Thanks

Concrete seems to work fine for my pup. I read a bit on the subject since my dog also eats anything in the kennel and one article that stands out got right to the point. Your dog is a dog and likes dog things. People need comfy beds, your dog is not a person.

During summer season, have a wood floor addition on old garage that houses the dogs, wood floor with dog houses in each 5x8 run, badly chewed up dog houses I might add, but doggie door opeining to concrete run chain link outside, 5x20 i think. Keep ceder chips in the dog houses until the dogs spread them all over and anyplace but the dog houses. When it turns cold out they move in the basement where it is heated Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Concrete seems to work fine for my pup. I read a bit on the subject since my dog also eats anything in the kennel and one article that stands out got right to the point. Your dog is a dog and likes dog things. People need comfy beds, your dog is not a person.

ha-- funny you say that. I have been telling my wife this for years. She is not a believer she continually buys beds for them that they continually chew up. I told we are done they can sleep on the floor yet she come home as she put it "with something for the babies". The dogs stay in the garage in a wire kennel when we are not home. Just wanted something for them to lay on rather than wire but at the moment that is what they get.

Thanks

you could build a box/tray to contain the chips and throw in cider or pine chips, can buy them cheap at pet centers, gives good insulation and bedding, i use ceder because of bugs not liking ceder, in spite of not having a bug problem here, they also smell very good
    Wasilla