Thread: Another roadside question

Default Another roadside question

My buddy and I will be driving from ANC to Denali on the 23rd of August. We have been doing a bunch of looking and have some ideas on places to fish-mostly gleaned from the archives on this site. Since we only have one day we don't want to waste it-WHAT PLACES SHOULD WE AVOID!!!

I know, you were expecting a different question. I have fished for all salmon before but would like to hook him up with 1, just 1 for dinner that night before we go hiking.

Thanks for any help.

Nick

More info?
    I am treating him to an Alaskan hike. He is a great friend but not able, financially, to do this sort of thing. I used miles for our tickets and got a smokin deal on a rental. Plan "A" is to hike Denali and , if it rains, Plan "B" is to head into the TOK area. Steve would like to try his hand at salmon fishing so we have located a couple of places we intend to hit and hopefully experience success. the Susitna, willow, etc. (prefer to not post all the good spots for lurkers). I don't mind some combat but maybe some days to avoid, times of days when traffic is heavier, etc..... any nibbles...?

salmon. thats the main object, so I assume you've already looked into the aprks highway streams, and ship creek. AVOID THE LITTLE SUE! Send me a pm and I'll give ya a special spot that we always nail them.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.