Thread: Anchorage to Soldotna

Default Anchorage to Soldotna

What would be the best way to get from Anchorage to Soldotan in June? We are flying in to Anchorage, and a friend has a car in Soldotna that we can use, but have to get there first. Are there any bus/trains/other forms of transportation to/from there? The initial plan was to rent a car for the week that we are there, but now this opportunity came up for some $$saving.

Only one I know of is http://www.stagelineinhomer.com/anchorage__homer But your best bet is probably just to fly down on either Grant aviation http://www.flygrant.com/ or ERA http://www.flyera.com/
    Its a 20 minute flight or 2 hour drive.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Fly down to Kenai.........20 minutes and you're there...!!!

Stupid question, (never been to Alaska before) but how far is the Kenai airport from Soldotna? Are there taxis there?

There is a taxi service at Kenai Airport, about 20 minute taxi ride to Soldotna.

Thanks for the all the information. How busy are the flights from Anchorage to Kenai? Do we need to book in advance, or is that a get there and book it?

Quote Originally Posted by wdeaton View Post
    Thanks for the all the information. How busy are the flights from Anchorage to Kenai? Do we need to book in advance, or is that a get there and book it?
    Book in advance during tourist season. Fly Grant they are the best.
    I fly twice a month between Kenai and Anchorage. I refuse to fly Era.
    I was paying $24 for a cab to/from the airport to Soldotna a couple years ago.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Can't really reply to the 'How busy are the flights from Anchorage to Kenai?' question directly, but I have seen that they have flights about every one to two hours between the two cities. Wife & I had thought about flying into Kenai, but never did because a friend of ours had a son stationed at Elmendorf so we took him and his wife out every year either on arrival or departure from Alaska.

I do it quite often for work. Its not that busy, flights every hour **** near on Era Aviation or Grant Air. Its like $90 one way and its a 25 minute flight. Hope that helps.
    Piscor Ergo Sum