Thread: mods or accessories to HB?

Default mods or accessories to HB?

Well I just realized that Scott is only a 100 miles farther for me to go to the factory and pick up a canoe so I lag to talk with Pat today.

Heres my question for all of you HB owners. What options did you go with that you like or dislike? Is there any modifications that you could have or should have had done at the factory?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I just ordered mine a couple days ago,and the folks I got mine from offer a custom storage area built into the center seat section with a stainless piano hinge with a padded seat on top.I got the green one and am having the inside sprayed beige instead of grey.And a seat up front,which is an option. They also offer a kickass anchor system if you want.The trailers also get some nice add ons.

and don't forget the spray rails !!!!!!

Options? Nobody offered me options in '98!

Center seat storage sounds handy. I'm going to install some storage forward for my battery, does Scott offer something like that for new boats? I figure it doesn't need to be back at the stern making proper trim more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by nessmuck View Post
    I just ordered mine a couple days ago,and the folks I got mine from offer a custom storage area built into the center seat section with a stainless piano hinge with a padded seat on top.I got the green one and am having the inside sprayed beige instead of grey.And a seat up front,which is an option. They also offer a kickass anchor system if you want.The trailers also get some nice add ons.
    Is your custom stuff from the dealer or the manufacture? Where are you getting it from and is there somewhere you can point me to see the anchor system and the storage that you are talking about?
    Last edited by tboehm; 04-06-2012 at 09:21. Reason: spelling
    Semper Fi and God Bless

How big of battery I put a small motorcycle battery in the back of the boat in a small plywood epoxied box. Wanted to keep leads short
    and out of the way. Was not for starting motor but for gps and accessory power.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Is your custom stuff from the dealer or the manufacture? Where are you getting it from and is there somewhere you can point me to see the anchor system and the storage that you are talking about?
    from the manufacture.maybe Pat@scottcanoe can send you some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by kk alaska View Post
    How big of battery I put a small motorcycle battery in the back of the boat in a small plywood epoxied box. Wanted to keep leads short
    and out of the way. Was not for starting motor but for gps and accessory power.
    I've thought about doing that to power a bilge pump. I've been on water that very predictably makes me bail about 10 + gallons a minute.

Hi tboehm,

One of the changes I am making to my boat in a few weeks is the installation of a Nidacore or Corecell sole epoxied down the length of the boat so water will actually flow back to the bilge and exit. I plan on cutting 1/2" thick panels to fit between the embedded aluminum frames, fill and fair the whole works, glass it, and paint it. Over the years I have had water get into the keelsons and cause some problems so I am hoping this will take care of that. I don't know if Scott could do something like that on a new boat using a foam core or honeycomb core material but I'd think it would be worth it.

IMAG0103.jpgIMAG0104.jpg hi here is the storage seat we are doing for our dealers in Maine

Default Lucky Mainers

Quote Originally Posted by pat@scottcanoe View Post
    hi here is the storage seat we are doing for our dealers in Maine
    That is nice. Very nice.

If I had one of those, I think I'd store my safety equipment that the State of Alaska requires me to carry (requirement for any motorboat), so that I'd always have them aboard. Plus first aid equipment. Plus spare batteries, plus.... Hey, do you ever put two of those in a canoe?

Thanks Pat. I love seeing pictures of where you guys go. Of course my Scott is older than the hills, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by pat@scottcanoe View Post
    IMAG0103.jpgIMAG0104.jpg hi here is the storage seat we are doing for our dealers in Maine
    Pat with the way those are constructed can you still attach a swivel seat to the top?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Pat with the way those are constructed can you still attach a swivel seat to the top?
    you can order the boat without the seat pad and just mount a seat there. As far as the lid on the storage seat , I guess you could mount a seat on top of the lid,just use a quick connect swivel system. You can e-mail Pat@scottcanoe for other questions.