Thread: KINGS Are In.......Yes!!!

Default KINGS Are In.......Yes!!!

Just got word..... A King was caught in the saltwater NORTH of Ninilchik. No pics. No real details, yet. But I have a Bud who gets out early to troll for the saltwater kings in April every year. Report is he picked one up Sunday (April 1st). I didnt hear about it till tonite so it is not an April fools joke. He usually gets one around the 15-20th I understand so maybe the run will be a bit early?! One thing it does say is that the baitfish are moving into Cook Inlet a bit early. Thats what these fish are chasing. White King. I'll try to update details in the next few days but.....HERE THEY COME!!!! Fish ON! What does that do for YOU???
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Awesome news, maybe this will give me a better chance of getting one this year!

If it was a white king it was a feeder, not a spawner. Almost all white kings originate south of the Taku, with most from the Fraser river system.
    They are coming alright, but that wasn't one of them.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    If it was a white king it was a feeder, not a spawner. Almost all white kings originate south of the Taku, with most from the Fraser river system.
    They are coming alright, but that wasn't one of them.
    Yeah true, I realize that its not a spawner. But.... It does mean that the baitfish are in earlier than normal- at least up inlet here. It means for us small boat folks its not too early to shore launch out of Ninny. It also means it may be time to hit the beach for some surf halibut. If the bait is around the butts should be around. Last yr I caught the butts about my 3rd time out in April, but it wasnt till about the 3rd week in April. Maybe fishing for the butts from the beach will be early too.
    By the way, My Bad.... I posted this on 'freshwater' when it should have been a thread on 'saltwater'. Maybe the Mod can move it. thanks.....cod
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!