Thread: Kel Tec PF-9 Holster/Ammo Recommendations

Default Kel Tec PF-9 Holster/Ammo Recommendations

Recently purchased a PF-9 and looking for some good holsters or other carry options. Right now I have it in a man purse, an Elite Survival Systems pouch. Anyone using this pistol? What carry ammo usually feeds and functions well in these? Thanks for any replies.

Mark

I do not have that gun but I will say that like most every other avid shoother I have had my fair share of holsters I dont like or dont use any more and then I ran across Crossbreed holsters and had one made for my CZ RAMI and loved it, since then I have had one made for every other pistol I own. Hands down the best holster Ive owned.

Kevin, I checked out the website and those are nice looking holsters. Which model do you use? I am leaning towards the Super Tuck for my Ruger LCP, but would appreciate your thoughts as you already use them. Thanks!

There are great reviews out there on the crossbreed supertuck. If I carry an LCP(usually in the summer and wearing shorts), I just go with pocket carry in a nemesis. Slower, but the size allows it easily.

If you are interested in the crossbreed supertuck holsters and want to save a few dollars, there are several lookalikes out there. I went with a horsehide holster from Theis Holsters out of Arkansas. It shipped within a couple days of my order along with a couple follow up emails on how to adjust/break it in. Have been using it with an M&P 9C for over a year with no complaints.

For right around $20 you cant go wrong with the Desantis Sof-Tuck. I have two of them and they see more use than any of my other holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugs Stump View Post
    Kevin, I checked out the website and those are nice looking holsters. Which model do you use? I am leaning towards the Super Tuck for my Ruger LCP, but would appreciate your thoughts as you already use them. Thanks!
    I got the super tuck deluxe with horsehide and the j clips. I know people say they are expensive but I feel my money was well spent, they are a good company and hand make the holster when you order it and honestly the best part is that its extremely comfortable.

Ditto on Crossbreed!! I carry glocks in mine and they are the most comfortable holster out there. I carry a Kel Tec P-11 and 2" 38/357's some in a pancake but the Crossbreed makes carrying the G19/23/27 size gun just as easy as the little single stack 9mm or the 38. The comfort is well worth the cost. But then, one of my sons tried mine and hated it so I guess you really don't know until you try it.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by FDC View Post
    There are great reviews out there on the crossbreed supertuck. If I carry an LCP(usually in the summer and wearing shorts), I just go with pocket carry in a nemesis. Slower, but the size allows it easily.

If you are interested in the crossbreed supertuck holsters and want to save a few dollars, there are several lookalikes out there. I went with a horsehide holster from Theis Holsters out of Arkansas. It shipped within a couple days of my order along with a couple follow up emails on how to adjust/break it in. Have been using it with an M&P 9C for over a year with no complaints.
    Tommy at Theis holsters makes a great IWB holster. I use one to conceal carry my full size glock 20, very comfortable holster and great customer service. Had mine in under a week.

Another IWB holster option. I got one for my P345. So far so good. Excellent quality.

http://www.nm-holsters.com/home
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Whelenator View Post
    Recently purchased a PF-9 and looking for some good holsters or other carry options. Right now I have it in a man purse, an Elite Survival Systems pouch. Anyone using this pistol? What carry ammo usually feeds and functions well in these? Thanks for any replies.

Mark
    The PF9 due to it's size is a very easy to conceal, I typically carry in a vest or jacket with an inside holster which makes it easily accessible whether sitting or standing. My carry load is Hornady Critical Defense. Also consider getting the Hogue Handall Jr. rubber grip which fits the PF9 like a glove.