Thread: Canadian /open carry while in alaska

Default Canadian /open carry while in alaska

May be visiting my ex. in HEALY with our daughter this summer. Is it o.k to carry my .44sbh. while there. have my canadian permits, and my form 6 from the BATF&E STATESIDE. THS . HEALEY

Alaska State law is if you are otherwise allowed to posses the gun here you may carry it any way you like, it says nothing about residency at all, where you are from doesn’t matter so long as you are legal to have the gun. As a U.S. non resident alien I believe (and I’m no lawyer) that to be allowed to have a gun you need a hunting license or something like your “form 6” (whatever that is) would cover it to satisfy the federal laws allowing you to have it. If legal to have it you can pack it but no bars, schools, Federal offices and what not. Also you must inform law enforcement officers you have it on you if they contact you in the line of duty, in other words if a cop says hi to you then you say something like hello officer, I am armed, what can I do for you.

Read the Misconduct Involving Weapons laws here:
    http://www.touchngo.com/lglcntr/akst.../Chapter61.htm

Out in the bear woods I doubt anyone is going to bother you for being armed legal or not.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Nobody will look twice at you carrying a gun for bear protection in the woods (inside Denali National Park is one exception where you are not allowed to have any guns). You don't need a hunting licence unless you are actually hunting bears or other game. If you have to shoot one in self defense, notify the authorities and tell them the situation. They will believe you, unless you happen to have bacon draped all over you, or were trying to feed it honey

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticmayhem View Post
    Nobody will look twice at you carrying a gun for bear protection in the woods (inside Denali National Park is one exception where you are not allowed to have any guns). You don't need a hunting licence unless you are actually hunting bears or other game. If you have to shoot one in self defense, notify the authorities and tell them the situation. They will believe you, unless you happen to have bacon draped all over you, or were trying to feed it honey
    Actually, since 2010 you can legally carry guns in national parks.

Thanks to all who replied to my post. HEALEY

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

stop and check at the border for sure.. better yet.. CALL the US border FIRST.. and get the skinny.. you never know.. they MIGHT just be made at YOUR border guys that week..

cover your bases, and dont take our word for it.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticmayhem View Post
    You don't need a hunting licence unless you are actually hunting bears or other game.
    Uh, well you better have some kind of validating license and it says "or hunting license" so I'd sure be getting me one! You can buy one on-line here: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cf...icense.fgstore

Title 18, USC

Chapter 44

(g) It shall be unlawful for any person—
    (1) who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
    (2) who is a fugitive from justice;
    (3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
    (4) who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution;
    (5) who, being an alien—
    (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or
    (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));
    (6) who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
    (7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;
    (8) who is subject to a court order that—
    (A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had an opportunity to participate;
    (B) restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child; and
    (C)
    (i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or
    (ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or
    (9) who has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence,
    to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

(y) Provisions Relating to Aliens Admitted Under Nonimmigrant Visas.—
    (2) Exceptions.— Subsections (d)(5)(B), (g)(5)(B), and (s)(3)(B)(v)(II) do not apply to any alien who has been lawfully admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, if that alien is—
    (A) admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or sporting purposes or is in possession of a hunting license or permit lawfully issued in the United States;
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Well I guess I am going to have to eat my words. I never thought that being a non-U.S. citizen might change things, although I don't know why it should. As far as I knew, a concealed carry permit was not necessary in AK, and a hunting licence wasn't needed to shoot bad guys. I guess aliens are an exception. Sorry for the misinformation.

Cover your butt by buying a small game license then or the cheapest license you can. No one says you can't hunt rabbits with a .44. A
    .430 muzzle loading ball backed by 8 grains of Unique does a rabbit no good out to 20 yards.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012