Thread: Ocean Pro Espar Install??

Default Ocean Pro Espar Install??

I have done some looking around the site, but have not seen any pictures. Does anyone have pictures showing the positioning and routing of ducting when installing a Espar D2 or D4 heater in a Hewescraft Ocean Pro or a Sea Runner? I want to install one in my boat, but am looking for ideas. What works best or not? Thanks for the help.

I don't think I have pics of it, but I've put a Webasto in a Searunner. I mounted the furnace to the passenger seat box on the outboard side. The exhaust ran up and out the side next but behind the passenger and the ducting went straight ahead into the cavity under the dash. From there I put a vent out to the passenger's feet(always keep the wife warm, this is a must) then I ran the other up to the dash on the driver's side. You could do a second defrost vent for the passenger, but with the basic install kit, you have two vents, so that is where I put them. From that location you can put the fuel tank in the rear bench seat or behind it, and the fresh air intake can run straight to the rear of the boat as well. It helps to see how things are going to line up for the furnace mount, then pull the seat box out to do the actual mounting.
    Good luck with the project, you'll love the heat those units put out. Quick defrost, dry heat and lots of it. Spendy, but if you fish year round, they will keep everyone onboard pretty happy.
    Casey
    Yamaha Dealer
    Petersburg, AK

I have my D4 installed in my 26' Alaskan. Same basic layout. I'll try to take some photos for ya tomorrow afternoon before I come to work. Or, you're more than welcome to stop by and check it out in person. I'm in Eagle River too.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Here are a few pictures. Sorry they are so crappy.

MMSI# 338232859

Here are two more.

This is how my ducting is routed. Not the best idea and it will be redone this summer. I'll put in a damper of some sort to regulate the flow in both directions. For now, a rag works just fine.
    MMSI# 338232859

Heaters should be an option from Hewescraft. I ended up with a Kersene heater in the walkthrough step after seeing someone place a Mr. Buddy heater there. It worked for my needs.

Sobie2

You should check out www.hewescraftowners.com. There are numerous threads with some very nice installs including extremely detailed pics.