Thread: Heizer double tap...any experience?

Default Heizer double tap...any experience?

I'm looking for an extreme compact for concealed carry and came across this little gem, anyone have experience with it yet?

Heizer Double tap

DoubleTap-4-rds.jpg
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Don't realy see the 1911 ergonomics. Not my cup of tea but intresting none the less
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Yeah, I think the straight trigger pull is what they are referring to. I'm thinking this would be a great option for a pocket gun.
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I like the think....a lot. I've got one on order. I got a chance to shoot one a couple of weeks ago and couldn't resist it. It is an innovative design and really works. It weighs exactly one pound in Titanium when loaded and has two decisive shots. Its a belly gun but I had no trouble hitting center with it at ten yards. A neat little back-up gun.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Murphy, are you getting the comp model? I'm having a hard time justifying the extra dough for a "get off me" gun.
    AKmud

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Murphy, are you getting the comp model? I'm having a hard time justifying the extra dough for a "get off me" gun.
    No. (You kidding??) The Titaniumumum model 45ACP. (I can't say Titaniumumum)
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I should have said "ported".... Would it be worth the money?
    AKmud

Mud,
    Anyone selling these locally?

Watched this vid and it seems a little bigger than I would have expected. Perhaps the guy has small hands but it seems a small wheel gun would be about the same size and personally I prefer 5-6 rounds over 2 even if they are a bit smaller pills.

I think it would make a great "belly gun". The amount of the case that is unsupported was disconcerting at first but when you consider a cross-section - wouldn't be a problem, and could be a life saver if the "auto" ejectors didn't work.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

So....Murphy, did you get the new toy yet?
    AKmud

Bump....

Murphy, did you get it yet?
    AKmud

No. My dealer says there is large back order and maybe the hurricane or something has slowed it down. I'd guess a recall/redesign is in the works because they were revealed at the SHOT show and did take a lot of orders that haven't been filled from what I'm hearing. There is one at the range to rent and I've shot it a few times. It is the Ti model without ports. That's what I ordered. They come in 9 and 45. The 45 does sting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    No. My dealer says there is large back order and maybe the hurricane or something has slowed it down. I'd guess a recall/redesign is in the works because they were revealed at the SHOT show and did take a lot of orders that haven't been filled from what I'm hearing. There is one at the range to rent and I've shot it a few times. It is the Ti model without ports. That's what I ordered. They come in 9 and 45. The 45 does sting a bit.
    I bet that does sting in a .45 on both ends.

I think I'll stick with my G27 and Hydrashocks..and lots more of them without reloading.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Anything yet Murphy?
    AKmud

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Anything yet Murphy?
    NO!! I shot one of the things over a year ago and ordered one. I then changed the order to the titanium model and shot (rented) one at a range/gunshop in Ti and couldn't wait to get mine. Well I got several excuses but no gun and had about forgotten about it. I'll see if they are still saying it will happen. I was told the company was making changes, then that orders were more than expected, so we'll have to see.