Thread: A bill to stop trapping on all Federal lands..

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default A bill to stop trapping on all Federal lands..

not sure if your al aware of this or not.. but Alaska is LARGLY federal lands''

H.R. 2657 is before the committee that desides if it will go anywhere.. chances are it will not.. it is supported by anti groups.. and the online notifier i have does not indicate it is opposed by any group yet.

its not much of a bill.. but things like this are worth taking note of..

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr2657 this is an easy to use site, and you can leave support or oppostion easly enough..

On July 26, 2011, Congresswoman Nita Lowey (D-NY) introduced legislation to end the use of brutal traps on furbearing animals within federal wildlife refuges. The Refuge from Cruel Trapping Act, H.R. 2657, is intended to help to restore the original intent of the National Wildlife Refuge System by placing a ban on the use of cruel body-gripping traps on these public lands.
    National Wildlife Refuge System ~ Origins & Mission
    President Theodore Roosevelt established the first National Wildlife Refuge on Pelican Island, Florida, in 1903 to protect imperiled bird species from the commercial feather trade. Since then, 550 refuges totaling more than 150 million acres have been added to the refuge system.
    Managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service FWS), the National Wildlife Refuge System(NWRS) contains the most comprehensive and diverse collection of fish and wildlife habitats in the world, harboring more than 240 endangered species, over 700 kinds of birds, 220 mammal species, 250 reptile and amphibian species, and 200 kinds of fish. The mission of the NWRS is "to administer a national network of lands and waters for the conservation, management, and where appropriate, restoration of the fish, wildlife, and plant resources and their habitats within the United States for the benefit of present and future generations of Americans."...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Supporting Member

Vince,
    Always better to be informed and on the "offense", than caught unawares and on the "defense". Thanks!

Vince, I like that site, thanks. I have something similar on my iPhone. Looks like a lot of liberals on that site based off the polls though.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Good job Vince and nice post AKhunterNp on thweir site - I added one but it did not show up yet - may have a srcreening process. The anti's sure had a lot of posts...
    Funny how our ancestors came to America to escape oppressive laws and burdensome taxation and yet we seem to be running as fast as we can to get back to just that!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Speaking of antis and non truth watch this. Vid if you're in for a good laugh I came across it last night hole searching for bear baiting vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NODs...e_gdata_player

You will either laugh or be so mad when it's over

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Good job Vince and nice post AKhunterNp on thweir site - I added one but it did not show up yet - may have a srcreening process. The anti's sure had a lot of posts...
    Funny how our ancestors came to America to escape oppressive laws and burdensome taxation and yet we seem to be running as fast as we can to get back to just that!
    ypou have to answer the email they send your to verify your account.. then it will go up. took mine part of the day...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    Speaking of antis and non truth watch this. Vid if you're in for a good laugh I came across it last night hole searching for bear baiting vids

LOL baiting is illegal... so go do an illegal act before the illegal season opens?

meet on face book here

so how did you come by that video? Are you a member? LOL Secretly destroying others bait stands to increase your chances on yours.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    so how did you come by that video? Are you a member? LOL Secretly destroying others bait stands to increase your chances on yours.

Nah I was looking up baiting vids last night and it came up in the related vids at the end of one

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    A bill to stop trapping on all Federal lands..

not sure if your al aware of this or not.. but Alaska is LARGLY federal lands''

H.R. 2657 is before the committee that desides if it will go anywhere.. chances are it will not.. it is supported by anti groups.. and the online notifier i have does not indicate it is opposed by any group yet.

its not much of a bill.. but things like this are worth taking note of..

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr2657 this is an easy to use site, and you can leave support or oppostion easly enough..
    Here's the bill: Attachment 58784 Pretty silly to be sure, and not likely to get the time of day, but it certainly is NOT "a bill to stop trapping on all Federal lands" as was stated in the OP.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Default outright illegal org

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post

Unbelieveable that a "sabotage-a-legal-activity" organization can have so much Internet space where it can be seen, joined, supported... I bet its likely that a frustrating situation like this is why some people recently tried to pass laws regarding Internet censorship (which is a "fix" that is worse than the problem).

At least their main web site got shut down: http://www.huntsab.org/

But they're still on youtube at the link you posted, on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Americ...99764820061162 and myspace has a particularly large spread on this illegal org: http://www.myspace.com/huntsab

And google actually has over a 100K results where these guys can be found online: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...26d37ade666d03

Unbelievable.

The worst part about it is that since baiting is 100% legal they are condoning illegal acts to stop a legal act. Which I dont see how anyone with a brain can give them any credibility. And some of the comments are mind blowing some people are saying they want to kill hunters thus putting and animal that will riP them apart ahead of a human.

Got to thinking today and on the website Vince posted there were several "Anti" posters and many stated how trappers also catch their dogs and cats... True, I know I have... Then I thought wait a minute - we all know what every dog and cat does when they are left unattended to roam - THEY HUNT! Period!!! These liberals are saying its OK for me to let my pet run around killing and maiming wild animals - usually baby wild critters - but whoa, shame on the trapper that wants to take an animal and actually utilize it... What hypocrites...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

dogs and cats seldom utilize every part of an animal that they kill. I have seen my dog catch a bird and then leave it to waste on the ground. This has got to stop. They are the problem, not humans.