Thread: Okay Barrel Question Again

Default Okay Barrel Question Again

I know this has been kicked around before. I need a couple more 15 gal barrels. I have checked with the local car wash down here, they maybe have 1 a year and at lest 8 months before they have another. I was in Anchorage this past week end and went to the car wash at Diamond & Lake Otis. Talked with a lady there, she advised that the 15 gal barrels has a specialty product in them and they use very little of it, one barrel a year maybe. I asked if she knew of any other car was that might use more of them and she said not to her knowledge. Sounds like they are mostly using the 30 gal now and they are too heavy for one person to move around with fuel in them.

Checked Craig's List and Alaska's list with no results.

I found a distributor for the 15 gal white barrels in the lower 48, but sounds like they only want to sell in very large quantities, and no idea on shipping. Still waiting on a final word from them.

There used to be a guy behind Target on the Palmer Wasilla hwy that sold barrels, but he is no longer there. Anyone know if he just moved or is no longer in business?

Anyone have any other ideas where to get the 15 gal barrel. Thanks
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Haha, I just started a thread last week on this exact issue on this forum. I ended up finding a guy with eight, and we cleaned him out with a bunch of my friends. Just type in Poly Tanks Anchorage for sale in google or yahoo. that is how i found this guy. there were others out there it just takes calling and digging. and always check craigslist everyday, my buddy just got two that were already cleaned out. fifteen gallons are perfect for one man to carry, once they get to twenty gallons then they get tough.

Good Luck on you hunt for poly drums.

Dan- I'll keep my eyes open for you up here and grab them for you if they pop up, and you can grab them from me the next time your in town, no biggie. I lurk on Craigslist and see them once in a while.

I have two in Valdez you could have, they had gas in them already, actually they are at my buddies house...so hard to get to you...pm me if you have any one you know going your way from Valdez...

Check with a chemical supply company. There must be places that sell methanol and the like? They usually sell certain types of chemicals in plastic 15 gallon drums that have the single handle on the top.

hmmm. I have 4 that I picked up at the local laundry mat. I have been occasionally using them for the last 3 years. So far no issues with degredation or tainted gas. But I must admit it does make me nervous. I try not to "store" gas inthem for more than 2 weeks. Whats the concencous...should I be worried about break down esspessially after 3 yrs of use?

Charterboat Operator

i might be able to snag a couple, or if anyone in town rounds some up i am going to AP next week can run them down to Dan.
    worst problem is that with Arctic Man around the corner, everyone is trying to find some right now. Are you in a hurry Dan?

Not in a hurry, need what ever I can come up with a little while before Memorial Day. Need a bunch of extra fuel for my thirsty jet boat at the spring gathering. Dan
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I have two that I use. I keep gas in them almost all of the time. Had some I am just now using for 6 months stored inside.

Check with Unitech of Alaska 800-649-5859 They sell new and refurbished drums in all shapes and sizes. They're off of King street in Anchorage accross the street from Deweys.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

YOu can also check with the battery specilities shop next to A1 Prop repair on Potter Dr in Anchorage, they used to have tons of different barrels forsale. (probably had bulk acid for filling batteries)
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1