Thread: Fish Sausage?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Fish Sausage?

i have few recipes.. linked fish sausage.. anyone have any experiance with it?

eating it? making it?

eating it?

part of me is interested in giving it a whack.. the other part is all EWWW-yuk!!!!!..

breakfast salmon...

maybe a Halibut Beer brat..

pike hot dogs???????
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I haven't made any but I do like the taste.
    Tustumena smokehouse makes it with reciepes the owner Fred West came up with and they only use salmon.
    My favorite was the summer sausage but I haven't seen it for awhile so I don't know if they still make it.
    I know they still do the breakfast sausage and it seems you either like it or you don't like it at all no middle ground.
    The breakfast sausage is a unique taste.
    I don't know what other fish might taste like but I know my smoked Halibut is something many people question. Once they try it they love it and I end up giving them the reciepe I use.
    Let us know how it turns out if you do try it.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

most of the recipes i have call for at least a portions of white fish, ( halibut, she fish, white fish) as it takes on the flavor of what ever you add to it.. She fish and White fish more so then halibut of course.

i may have to contact them and see if i can get some to try, i would hate to dedicate 15 lbs of lbs of fish to a less then savory endevor
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince ,

I can honestly say, I love fish, but the thought of making sausage made my stomach curdle. There are things that just don't add up to me like a Veggie Burger for instance, or Tofu! LOL Maybe you substitute your fish sausage in your Thanksgiving Turkey Sausage Stuffing. Then again, you might have a mutiny on your hands.

Also welcome back to the forum, you took a little break there for a while and you were missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    most of the recipes i have call for at least a portions of white fish, ( halibut, she fish, white fish) as it takes on the flavor of what ever you add to it.. She fish and White fish more so then halibut of course.

i may have to contact them and see if i can get some to try, i would hate to dedicate 15 lbs of lbs of fish to a less then savory endevor
    I know they will ship it.
    If you have any problems let me know and I will stop by their retail store and pick some up to send to you.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

A friend gave me some this winter made with salmon, halibut, and ling cod. It was surprisingly good.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I still smell like fish tacos from last nights endeavors. I am never washing this hand....
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    I still smell like fish tacos from last nights endeavors. I am never washing this hand....
    Sounds like you might should find a cleaner taco......
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    Sounds like you might should find a cleaner taco......
    wonderful...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Jon... when taco's become sausages... you been in the garage toooooooo LONG..

sides... i already make these one.

meet on face book here