Thread: Holster for Ruger 22/45

Default Holster for Ruger 22/45

I recently purchused a Ruger .22 22/45 pistol with a 4.5 inch barrel for myself. I had bought one for my oldest boy several years back with a longer barrel and realized I can't live without one anymore especially the awesome deal I got at 3 Bears. I am not a fan of the uncle mikes style holsters. I want a leather shoulder holster perferable vertical but have not had luck finding one on line that mentions it fits a Ruger 22/45. I would consider a chest holster as well. I really like the Bianchi X15 series but not having luck on finding one that fits for sure. Does anyone own a holster that fits or know of one fits?

I would consider having Diamond D make one of his Guides Choice holsters for you. I think that if you want leather, custom is the way to go.

I purchased a Kydex belt holster from Sportsman's Warehouse it fits my MARK I, II, III 22/45 with optics I think its made by Black Dog? I have used this holster for over a year now and its the best Ruger Mark series holster on the market in my opinion. 1 holster 3 pistols without optics and with red dots and pistol scopes, both taper barreled and bull barreled models fit. I have worn it on my hip strong side weak side around my chest bandoleer style with a belt and my personal favorite attached around the handle bars of a 4 wheeler for when I cruz around a corner and a ptarmigan or ground squirrel shows them selves which happens a-lot where I work/play.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBlackGun View Post
    I purchased a Kydex belt holster from Sportsman's Warehouse it fits my MARK I, II, III 22/45 with optics I think its made by Black Dog? I have used this holster for over a year now and its the best Ruger Mark series holster on the market in my opinion. 1 holster 3 pistols without optics and with red dots and pistol scopes, both taper barreled and bull barreled models fit. I have worn it on my hip strong side weak side around my chest bandoleer style with a belt and my personal favorite attached around the handle bars of a 4 wheeler for when I cruz around a corner and a ptarmigan or ground squirrel shows them selves which happens a-lot where I work/play.
    What's it made with?

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    What's it made with?
    "Kydex" is thermomolded plastic Chico.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I used to use all leather but now almost all Kydex and nylon since the are comfortable and when you get them wet they dry quickly....just a thought. Uncle Mikes or simiilar with a flap keeps the gun well protected.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I have one plastic holster (Sherpa) for my Glock and I really don't like it. I've got a few nylon ones for other handguns and I hate them as well. I'm pretty set on leather from now on. I might get a custom one, but I think I'm gonna bring it in to a few gun shops that sell the X15 series and see if I can't find a fit first. I was hoping one of you had the set up already so I could just order so its there when I get home.