Thread: Chokes

Default Chokes

what aftermarket chokes do you use while duck or goose hunting. I use a briley duck choke now but might be looking for something a little tighter. The duck choke is considered a light mod but yet it holds a tighter pattern then my remington mod choke does at further distances. I did a little reading on patternmasters and the other big name stuff and came upon a smaller company call drake killer. They custom build the chokes for the specific bore size of your gun. it seems like they have done alot of experimenting with their chokes, different guns, and bore sizes. once you get a choke they tell you what shells to use with it to give you the best preformance. I have not found too many people upset with them at all so i was leaning towards one of their chokes.
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I like 30 points of choke in a 12bore for water fowl
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have three i will use on a regular basis depending on what ammo i am using and what the birds are doing that day. I have a patternmaster extended range, a factory benelli crio modified choke, and an extended briley improved cylinder. i like all three but have not patterned any of them yet. I have two other aftermarket chokes i picked up for this season. I need to get out and pattern them all this summer. i generally shoot hevi metal, in a pinch kents. I tried some black cloud last year and had very good success.

one word of advice, if you get the extended range patternmaster spend some time shooting it before the season. i missed a ton of birds the first year i had it until i figured out it is a stupid tight choke. PS i shoot a SBE 2 with a 26 inch barrel.

I use an o/u citori and us an improved mofied in top and mod in bottom...in theory I shoot the mod first and the Imod second as theyll will probably be moving away or higher on the second shot...i feel if u miss twice the third will rarely be a hit...so I save ammo by not shooting 3 times just cuz I can lol
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

yeah i have only busted a triple twice once i mergies another time on bills. 3rd shot for me is normally a cripple killer
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Strait Heat.