Thread: Property location suggestions?

Default Property location suggestions?

I am looking for some land between 2-5 acres on a lake or stream. Would like to be within 2 1/2-3 hours from anchorage and not on a road. but accessible by 4wheeler and snowmachine. Just a little place that is quite that I can spend time with the family and teach the little ones about the outdoors. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look? I plan on building a small cabin

Thanks for the help

Lots of stuff along the Parks Highway fit that description. Mainly west of the highway.

Supporting Member

Might find something on this website for properties:

http://www.remoteproperties.com/disclaim.html

Another valuable resource to watch is Landinalaska.com
    BK

Therer are a lot of lots for sale either down petersville road or oil well road. If you go all the way down oil well road and look as you are driving..when you get to the end there are signs posted wtih phone numbers. There are a few RA that list properties back in there as well.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by AKJG View Post
    I am looking for some land between 2-5 acres on a lake or stream. Would like to be within 2 1/2-3 hours from anchorage and not on a road. but accessible by 4wheeler and snowmachine. Just a little place that is quite that I can spend time with the family and teach the little ones about the outdoors. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look? I plan on building a small cabin

Thanks for the help
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Check out http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/landsale/

If you have been an Alaska resident for the past year, you can apply for the Remote Recreational Cabin Staking Program (until 5PM April 26) or you can bid in the Sealed-Bid Auction until 5PM May 30). If you're not an Alaska resident (or haven't been for the last year), you can wait for the Initial Over-the-Counter Offering (IOTC) or you can buy right now from the Over-the-Counter Offering.

What are you looking to spend?
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    What are you looking to spend?
    Sorry I didn't notice your question, Price really is up in the air, just depends on the property and what it has. Something under 40 I would say
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Sent you a PM
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

2.5 acres or more + Waterfront + wheeler accessible + under $40K

Pick any three

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Therer are a lot of lots for sale either down petersville road or oil well road. If you go all the way down oil well road and look as you are driving..when you get to the end there are signs posted wtih phone numbers. There are a few RA that list properties back in there as well.

Good luck
    NOPE! Nothing on Oilwell. Nothing to see here, move along. Try further up the road. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    2.5 acres or more + Waterfront + wheeler accessible + under $40K

Pick any three
    Funny. Where's the Like button on this?

i would suggest instead of limiting you searches to 1 agent to check out:
    http://www.landwatch.com/Alaska_land_for_sale
    there are search options on the left of the screen that you can use to fine tune your search. i'm currently using it to fine tune my searches.

Quote Originally Posted by OffTheGrid View Post
    Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a casting associate with a Los Angeles-based television production company that develops television series for a variety of cable networks.

Our company is in the beginning stages of development for a new reality series that will center on the day-to-day life of a unique community, family or couple living off the grid. We are now casting for a community, family or couple that resides anywhere in the United States and lives off the grid. Are you an outgoing community, family or couple comprised of interesting characters who are living without electricity or basic housing needs and have dynamic personalities? Although on-camera experience is not required, all family members must have big personalities, be comfortable speaking on camera, and able to legally work in the U.S.

Please see the attached press release for your review and consideration. We are respectfully requesting that you share and forward this information to any individuals, families, businesses, clubs, groups or organizations that may be interested in being considered for the project. To be considered, please email us photographs of your community, family or significant other. Please tell us, in detail, your story of why you would make for compelling television, what city and state you live in, the description/function/role of each person and include contact information (name, number, email)

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best wishes,

Matt Labinski
    Casting Associate
    i just did a web search for RVS casting online and found nothing, beware, this may be a scam!
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 06-01-2012 at 04:56.

LOL..ok. try petersville road. There is a sign that says Road to Shulak Lake..or use to be on the left near a large parking lot. There are lots back there for sale for 25K. Talked to a couple of ol'timers back there clearing thier property last year that were wanting to sell 5ac for that price. Should be signs.

FL2AK-Old Town..didnt know you lived back there..lol...sorry about that brother..neighbors getting to close?

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    NOPE! Nothing on Oilwell. Nothing to see here, move along. Try further up the road. LOL.

Funny. Where's the Like button on this?
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    LOL..ok. try petersville road. There is a sign that says Road to Shulak Lake..or use to be on the left near a large parking lot. There are lots back there for sale for 25K. Talked to a couple of ol'timers back there clearing thier property last year that were wanting to sell 5ac for that price. Should be signs.

FL2AK-Old Town..didnt know you lived back there..lol...sorry about that brother..neighbors getting to close?
    Sorry, forgot to check back on this thread. We have a recreational place out there, but I would love to walk away from society and live there full time. And yes, there are already too many people out there. Soon there will be cell phone service and God knows what next. My gf's family was one of the original land lottery winners out there in the 80's, and built their cabin long before the road was there. Building roads just makes it easier for people to move in, break in (There have been a few series of break-ins over the years.) come in and kill all of all the game 2 weeks before season opens, etc etc etc.

Re: Petersville Rd.: I drove down Petersville to mile 20-somehting last weekend, (didn't quite make it to the Forks Road House) and I'm asking myself, why aren't I building out there? Seems much less populated than Oil Well. Much harder access. The road beyond the parking lot gets progressively worse, until you come an area of a few cabins and there's a sign that says "Travel Beyond This Point Not Recommended." (My kind of road.) After about 8 miles we turned back as the road was too tough for our Subaru Forester. No cabins, no nothing, just a lot of informal campsites and the associated clutter. Saw a few broken 4-wheeler driveshafts, though. Saw the sign marking the trail to Shulin Lake (4-wheeler/snowmachine trail). Never saw any land for sale signs though. Quite a bit higher terrain than Oil Well, still had snow on the roadsides.