Thread: Peterburg

Default Peterburg

Im heading to Petersburg at the end of this week and should have evenings available to drive around and look for fish. Ive heard of steelhead coming into streams on POW by now but not sure if Petersburg is far enough south to have a similar run timing and a chance a that few might be in yet? Mind sharing the names of creeks to check out. Ill have a car and small skiff. Thanks in advance.

I was just down there a few weeks ago. I tried my luck at blind rapids which is down the road on the south end with no luck. I think we were too early. There is however a small creek before blind rapids that looked like it would definitely hold steel. Petersburg definitely has steelhead. The Skeena is right around the corner. You might want to give the guys at AFFG's a call and ask them. Best of luck.

Call Doug @ 772-5231
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

There are plenty of streams that get steelhead on the island, though the roads may not be clear enough to get to a lot of them. If you have a skiff, you can go across to the State dock on Kuprenof and hike the Petersburg creek trail. It follows the creek and there is a run up there.
    Casey
    Yamaha Dealer
    Petersburg, AK